What's new

My festival beats your festival...

Ah, the bacon festival, pride of Des Moines. Des Moines doesn't have much to brag about, only what counts. :thumbup:

While I agree your festival IS awesome, my festival is St. Patrick's Day.
If only we could take the essence of yours and make is as popular as mine. Sure would beat the green food colouring in things!

Ah, the bacon festival, pride of Des Moines. Des Moines doesn't have much to brag about, only what counts. :thumbup:
When you have bacon, you don't need to brag. You can let your bacon do the talking. :thumbup1:
If only we could take the essence of yours and make is as popular as mine. Sure would beat the green food colouring in things!
Sounds, um, okay, but....green bacon? :blink:

Can't we count the Iowa State Fair in our bragging rights? Or is that more "Iowa" rather than Des Moines?

I prefer not to associate too closely with the state fair. Boycotted it for the first few years I lived here even. It is indeed very Iowa, if not Des Moines, but just a shade too hokey for my tastes. I make the obligatory visit for a couple of hours one day a year with my wife and son, and call it good. My visit is almost out of duty, not out of excitement.

A truely great festivity indeed....reminds me its coming up soon, I must get some corned beef and Guinness!

Now a bacon festival as popular as St. Patricks Day would be a feat of mankind!

Beer and Oreo cookies (or any chocolate for that matter) is very good. I have never had beer and bacon, although a bar across the street from one place I worked served that in the morning, called it "Suds and eggs" and was very popular with people getting off night shift. While the food was very good, I never had it with beer as I was going TO work.

Phil

Top Bottom