What's new

Bigfoot Fact or Fiction

Bigfoot: fact or fiction

• Fact

• Fiction

• Art is Bigfoot

• Deep down, Phil Really does Believe !!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have to go with yes they exist. My wife in her previous marraige lived in NE Washington state near the town of Colville. I have been up there and it is very remote country. She swears up and down that she has seen one, and I believe her. She is very observant and a grounded in reality type. Plus having worked long night shifts in open desert I have some things I am still not sure I saw but damn they are vivid:lol:!

I think we have to sometimes take things with an open mind. One only has to look at some of the animals that have gone from Cryptozoology to Zoology. Coelacanth, Megamouth Shark, and Giant Squid are just a few animals discovered/rediscovered in the last 75 years or so. Toss in animals like the Tasmanian Tiger that was said to be extinct and has been resighted and it shows that nature has a interesting way of proving itself.

Jay

PS Forgot to add an interesting factoid. Bigfoot hunting was made a felony in 1969 in Skamania Cty Wa.
http://www.skamaniacounty.org/ordinance/Bigfoot%20Ordinance 69-01.pdf

Last edited:
I figured the Bigfoot went extinct in the late 70s...

Now about the alien talk.. My Dad listens to this program on AM radio called Coast to Coast and was really talking it up one evening and told me about a book which I can't recall the name of even though I read a good portion of it. The book is written by someone that was inside Roswell and knows all about the technology we gleaned from the aliens at the Roswell crash. One big thing he claims we took from the alien technology that propelled us into the computer age is integrated circuitry.. His argument is how did humans last thousands of years and then all of a sudden come into the digital age. Well according to him, it's because this technology was leaked into the scientific community by a select few individuals (mainly high ranking military personnel led by a few scientists) and the scientists developing it never knew where it came from and really believed they invented it themselves.

Do I believe all of this stuff? Not really, but it was fun to read and imagine it might be true.

now sure how any of this relates.... but.....

given the vastness of the universe, I think I would be most surprised if there wernt aliens out there somewhere... visiting earth with nothing better to do than probe farmers behinds.. well.. thats another thing altogether.

I dont understand how people can think a modern govermnet (or from your post above, TWO modern governments) could keep such a thing under wraps. There would have to be hundreds, if not thousands of people in the loop to salvage the technology, transport it, develop it etc - and not 1, not a single 1 has ever come to the surface with some evidence (obviously discounting the crackpots who brought the mysterious 'pictograph' tape from the roswell site which was childrens sticky tape used last minute on a weather baloon). Governments that dont leak stuff either accidentally, or to get political points? seriously now.

The argument against this is that people who do are silenced by this all powerful, no stuffups ever government (doesnt sound like any government I know!) - if thats the case why are there so many authors writing about it, people posting on shaving forums about it?

if it was such a deadly secret why dont all the thousands of people who go to UFO conventions dissapear?

EVEN IF there were aliens visiting - why would they come all this way just to make crop circles and cut up livestock. Would it seriously be worth an alien coming light years to meet us and then going 'hmm, instead of meeting this culture, I will see what happens when I insert my probe into this here cow'.

you talk of technology gleaned.. what technology - there isnt a one that hasnt been built 'on the shoulders of giants' from years and years of preceding research.

you seem to have this knowledge that there are aliens visiting - is your faith shattered? have you gone looting? did you jump off a roof because there was no way you could live in a world with little green men? of course not - and theres no reason why anyone else would either. There is no reason for a gov to keep this under wraps, and a million reasons to reveal it - not limited to 'my country is so awesome that the aliens decided to land here.. nobody mess with us because we now have alien deathrays!'

(apologies in advance to anyone I offend - magical fantasy stuff like this, and bigfood, and ghosts, and the evils of parabens etc really make my blood boil more than anything else)
I haven't read a single book about UFO's and UFOlogy. I'm agnostic bordering on atheist, so my faith wouldn't be shattered if this came out. I'm not saying that I believe that the US and Russia have technology that they kept from the world (though, the Aurora Project, which really exists and the plane was sighted as late as last August in the US and UK, is....interesting.) I'm saying that in the Cold War climate of the late 40's, 50's, and early 60's, it's possible. A lot of crazy stuff happened. Old men, former officers, have come forward and attested to it, not just corporals and privates who saw lights in the sky at night.

As for crop circles, they have been explained and their origin is very much human. Claims of cattle mutilation vary from crazy publicity-seeking farmers to the just plain weird. "Ancient Astronaut" evidence ranges from the easily-explained to the just plain weird. The Nazca Lines were of human origin. Weird prehistoric cave paintings and ancient statuary can be attributed to very "human" flights of fancy. But there are some things that just can't be easily explained. Certain Mayan heiroglyphs, tomb reliefs in Egypt with interesting glyphs (the popular "helicopter" and "lightbulb" glyphs), and perhaps most telling, a site in Bolivia with such precision building techniques (precisely-cut 6mm grooves and holes in very hard stones, almost certainly with diamond-tipped drills, but would be difficult even today) that, to our knowledge, did not exist at the time to the particular culture that built it.

As a lifelong enthusiast of history and archaeology, I'm not going to say that these people needed aliens' help, just like the Egyptians built their stuff alone. But the available evidence at least points to the possibility that the site of Pumapunku has certain anomalies that are interesting enough to merit open-mindedness.

As for "There is no reason for a gov to keep this under wraps, and a million reasons to reveal it" -- are you sure about that? There are 6 billion people in the world, with varying degrees of education, cultural advancement, and many whose minds aren't open to change let alone anything contrary to their theological beliefs. Nations can't even get along on this planet. What do you think would happen if it comes out that we're part of a bigger galactic neighborhood? Just like the CIA and NSA keep secrets, just like every day the president is briefed on things that would make many people's toes curl in terms of global threats, there's PLENTY of reason to keep something like aliens secret. Ignorance is bliss.

Well this is interesting. I am not going to say yea or nay about the existence of the large chap. What I will do is relate a few things about large predators and how your perception of their existence depends on your local geography and predisposition toward what is and is not "possible".

I live in Kansas. According to the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife and Parks, there hadn't been a mountain lion in Kansas since 1904. Any and all reports of said animals were either hoaxes or misidentified. Yet there had been reports of the beasts for decades. My dad saw them as a kid in the forties and fifties. He was an outdoors man of the first order and if he told you he saw something, he saw it. Period. He had hunted and bagged every game animal in the state multiple times. He did not wrongly identify animals in some state of excitement. The last one he saw was about fifteen years ago when it was attempting a raid on mom's chicken coop. He could not bring weapon to bear before the cat spotted him and bolted for cover. So where does this lead? Read on.

Recently there was an article in our local paper stating there is now a FIFTH confirmed mountain lion sighting in the state. Confirmed as in KDWP said it verified it. This does not take into account the numerous other sightings they denied were valid. Consider they did not even acknowledge their existence till a few years ago when a photo captured one on our local golf course! DNA testing of scat confirmed the cat was a mountain lion. The line always went like this; why would a lion walk from the Rockies into Kansas? Why would one walk from the south up to Missouri or Eastern Kansas? And the latest sighting was in Wichita which is smack dab in the middle of cattle country(prairie, no mountains or large river canopies to hide in) and they think it may indeed be an indigenous offspring since there have been no reports of released animals or escaped critters. That was always the excuse before. Even if there were big cats here, someone dropped them off. They could not be living here naturally, in the wild. Yet they are.

I have never found large cat bones in all my years of outdoor activities. I have never met or hunted with anyone who has either. As far as that goes I have not found coyote bones or bobcat bones though they exist here in abundant numbers. Ask hunters and farmers from Canada or Alaska how many times they have found bear carcasses in the wild. Almost never is the answer. And those are not exactly small animals. All I am saying is distances out here in the west are large. Much larger than most people from the coasts are used to dealing with. You would be surprised what is right in front of you at times. Even though there is evidently nothing but open flat ground all around you. You can literally walk right up to or over things you never thought could be there. Here are a couple of links to photos and stories of the non existent cats. Again, not saying anything pro or con about Bigfoot. Just saying about critters in populous areas.

Regards, Todd

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/oct/07/photo_shows_proof/

http://www.lawrence.com/news/2008/mar/10/cougar/

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
i belive in them, just like i do ghosts and alians. its more fun to wonder, than be a tight wad who cant have a lil fun and try to shove it in peoples face that its fake or whatever, i think out of all the ghost stuff and alians stuff, and all that hype i think bigfoot is the most "possible" to happen.. i agree with alot of people. its real. to me

im a trucker, and coast to coast is amazing. you all should tune into it sometime soon. its on very early though like 1 am or something.. ill tell ya i used to run from syracuse ny to w. springfield mass. every night and coming back from mass at like 1 am 2 am listining to that radio show with all the bigfoot talk and alians and crap running threw the mountains all alone freaked me the hell out. it was great i loved it.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Well this is interesting. I am not going to say yea or nay about the existence of the large chap. What I will do is relate a few things about large predators and how your perception of their existence depends on your local geography and predisposition toward what is and is not "possible".

I live in Kansas. According to the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife and Parks, there hadn't been a mountain lion in Kansas since 1904. Any and all reports of said animals were either hoaxes or misidentified. Yet there had been reports of the beasts for decades. My dad saw them as a kid in the forties and fifties. He was an outdoors man of the first order and if he told you he saw something, he saw it. Period. He had hunted and bagged every game animal in the state multiple times. He did not wrongly identify animals in some state of excitement. The last one he saw was about fifteen years ago when it was attempting a raid on mom's chicken coop. He could not bring weapon to bear before the cat spotted him and bolted for cover. So where does this lead? Read on.

Recently there was an article in our local paper stating there is now a FIFTH confirmed mountain lion sighting in the state. Confirmed as in KDWP said it verified it. This does not take into account the numerous other sightings they denied were valid. Consider they did not even acknowledge their existence till a few years ago when a photo captured one on our local golf course! DNA testing of scat confirmed the cat was a mountain lion. The line always went like this; why would a lion walk from the Rockies into Kansas? Why would one walk from the south up to Missouri or Eastern Kansas? And the latest sighting was in Wichita which is smack dab in the middle of cattle country(prairie, no mountains or large river canopies to hide in) and they think it may indeed be an indigenous offspring since there have been no reports of released animals or escaped critters. That was always the excuse before. Even if there were big cats here, someone dropped them off. They could not be living here naturally, in the wild. Yet they are.

I have never found large cat bones in all my years of outdoor activities. I have never met or hunted with anyone who has either. As far as that goes I have not found coyote bones or bobcat bones though they exist here in abundant numbers. Ask hunters and farmers from Canada or Alaska how many times they have found bear carcasses in the wild. Almost never is the answer. And those are not exactly small animals. All I am saying is distances out here in the west are large. Much larger than most people from the coasts are used to dealing with. You would be surprised what is right in front of you at times. Even though there is evidently nothing but open flat ground all around you. You can literally walk right up to or over things you never thought could be there. Here are a couple of links to photos and stories of the non existent cats. Again, not saying anything pro or con about Bigfoot. Just saying about critters in populous areas.

Regards, Todd

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2003/oct/07/photo_shows_proof/

http://www.lawrence.com/news/2008/mar/10/cougar/

proxy.php

proxy.php

Of course growing up in Iowa and now living in MO there have been confirmed sitings by the DNR of cats in both states. They figure the majority are young males driven out of their territory's when the queens have new kits. The older males do not tolerate young or juvenile males in their range. The top picture you posted is a 190lb Mountain Lion killed in Washington State. Here is a link from Snopes.http://www.snopes.com/photos/hunting/mountainlion.asp

Back to Bigfoot...... the evidence in the Patterson Gimlin film is pretty compelling. I think it would be hard to fake that in 1967.

proxy.php

Is his first name Chad? :lol:

Me? I did see the Jersey Devils many times, before they moved to Newark. :thumbup1:
Jeffery Meldrum is the professor. Living south of Colville I can attest to the fact that the distances are huge in the west and the remoteness is something hard to understand if you live on the coasts (I'm originally from NYC). This is true for the country including the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, most of Washington and most of Oregon of course up into Canada and Alaska. It is the empty zone with thick contiguous forests, abundant water supplies and much wildlife. As far as fining bodies and bones, as was stated, you almost never find the remains of even large wild animals. The carcass is eaten, the bones carried off and chewed up, etc. by other critters very quickly. As far a big cats go, their range is definitely increasing. We see them frequently out my way and really are the only animal I worry about when hiking, esp with my dogs. Bigfoot??? Doubt it, but never say never. Lastly, Coast to Coast is great fun to listen to. Take it all with a grain of salt but many of the topics covered turn into real news stories in a year or so!!

You we've had confirmed sightings of Bears in NE oHIo so it goes to say that critters can go anywhere they want to go. As for aliens, we get them all the time from PA, they just keep coming across the line. Sorry Nid.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
A manananggal is described as being an older, beautiful woman, capable of severing its upper torso in order to fly into the night with huge bat-like wings to prey on unsuspecting, pregnant women in their homes; using an elongated proboscis-like tongue, it sucks the hearts of fetuses or blood of an unsuspecting, sleeping victim. The severed lower torso is left standing and it is said to be the more vulnerable of the two halves. Sprinkling salt or smearing crushed garlic or ash on top of the standing torso is fatal to the creature. The upper torso then would not be able to rejoin and will die at daybreak.

Aswangs are shapeshifters. Stories recount aswangs living as regular townspeople. As regular townspeople, they are quiet, shy and elusive. At night, they transform into creatures from cat, pig, bird and the most common a dog. They enjoy eating unborn fetuses and small children, favoring livers and hearts. Some have long proboscises, which they use to suck the children out of their mothers' wombs or their homes. Some are so thin that they can hide themselves behind a bamboo post. They are fast and silent. Some also make noises, like the Tik-Tik(the name was derived from the sound it produces) which are louder the further away the aswang is, to confuse its potential victim and the Bubuu, an aggressive kind of aswang that makes a sound of a laying hen on midnight. They may also replace their live victims or stolen cadavers with facsimiles made from tree trunks or other plant materials. This facsimile will return to the victim's home, only to become sick and die. An aswang will also have bloodshot eyes, the result of staying up all night searching for houses where wakes are held to steal the bodies.

No one has ever proven that an Aswang or a Manananggal doesn't exist, so it is as likely that they do as a Big Foot.

Of course growing up in Iowa and now living in MO there have been confirmed sitings by the DNR of cats in both states. They figure the majority are young males driven out of their territory's when the queens have new kits. The older males do not tolerate young or juvenile males in their range. The top picture you posted is a 190lb Mountain Lion killed in Washington State. Here is a link from Snopes.http://www.snopes.com/photos/hunting/mountainlion.asp

Back to Bigfoot...... the evidence in the Patterson Gimlin film is pretty compelling. I think it would be hard to fake that in 1967.

Well there you go Scott. I wondered about that enormous tom cat. If it had been shot around here I would have thought we would have heard and seen more about it. It does not surprise me that different people have claimed it was taken near them. Everyone loves a legend. That is one monster sized mountain lion.

The second photo was taken about 1/4 mile from our shop. This was the one that finally made the KDWP admit they are here.

Regards, Todd

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That one had breasts it seems I remember seeing on a documentary about that film.

DL

Yes Patti has obvious breasts in the film. That is the part that amazes me. Why would you go to all that work for a hoax.

Top Bottom