What's new

Bigfoot Fact or Fiction

Bigfoot: fact or fiction

• Fact

• Fiction

• Art is Bigfoot

• Deep down, Phil Really does Believe !!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't want to derail the thread too much, but I think you hit on an important point there. Particularly if you look at aliens, who are we to say they don't exist? Claims have been faked, but how sure can we possibly be that "we're the only ones?" Seriously?

Space is vast. Incredibly vast. To paraphrase the movie "Contact," if we're the only ones, what a massive waste of space! I personally believe it is incredibly arrogant of us as a species to say that there is absolutely no chance of intelligent life outside this planet.

With that said though, I am a believer, and I also believe in alien visitations here. I believe evidence has been suppressed and an attitude of skepticism encouraged....because it would be a SHATTERING revelation if it came out. People of various religions would be forced to soul-search or redefine their beliefs to fit the revelation. Worldwide, our lives would change in an instant. There's a chance there could be mass hysteria. Not to mention what would happen on a geopolitical level if it came out that the US and Russia have gleaned technology from alien diplomacy or from salvaged wreckage.

So there's a case to be made for a keeping a skeptic public in the status quo. ;)

now sure how any of this relates.... but.....

given the vastness of the universe, I think I would be most surprised if there wernt aliens out there somewhere... visiting earth with nothing better to do than probe farmers behinds.. well.. thats another thing altogether.

I dont understand how people can think a modern govermnet (or from your post above, TWO modern governments) could keep such a thing under wraps. There would have to be hundreds, if not thousands of people in the loop to salvage the technology, transport it, develop it etc - and not 1, not a single 1 has ever come to the surface with some evidence (obviously discounting the crackpots who brought the mysterious 'pictograph' tape from the roswell site which was childrens sticky tape used last minute on a weather baloon). Governments that dont leak stuff either accidentally, or to get political points? seriously now.

The argument against this is that people who do are silenced by this all powerful, no stuffups ever government (doesnt sound like any government I know!) - if thats the case why are there so many authors writing about it, people posting on shaving forums about it?

if it was such a deadly secret why dont all the thousands of people who go to UFO conventions dissapear?

EVEN IF there were aliens visiting - why would they come all this way just to make crop circles and cut up livestock. Would it seriously be worth an alien coming light years to meet us and then going 'hmm, instead of meeting this culture, I will see what happens when I insert my probe into this here cow'.

you talk of technology gleaned.. what technology - there isnt a one that hasnt been built 'on the shoulders of giants' from years and years of preceding research.

you seem to have this knowledge that there are aliens visiting - is your faith shattered? have you gone looting? did you jump off a roof because there was no way you could live in a world with little green men? of course not - and theres no reason why anyone else would either. There is no reason for a gov to keep this under wraps, and a million reasons to reveal it - not limited to 'my country is so awesome that the aliens decided to land here.. nobody mess with us because we now have alien deathrays!'

(apologies in advance to anyone I offend - magical fantasy stuff like this, and bigfood, and ghosts, and the evils of parabens etc really make my blood boil more than anything else)

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Maybe I should not have posted a Bigfoot thread. I do not want to boil anyones blood. Something I can not explain happened that night. I am not saying it was Bigfoot. But it was still creepy. I have spent the next 27 years in the woods and have never experienced anything even remotely similiar. Hence the title of my post. The sane part of me says it was something natural. The kid in me wants to believe.

The Arizona legislature surely seems to believes in aliens. They have written a law requiring local police to detain aliens. Area 51 meets Guantanamo. Bigfoot is hiding in a camp of agricultural workers renting rooms by the week without toilets in the house.

Bigfoot you say? I didn't know this thread was gonna be about my coworker. I thought something was up when I noticed his back-hair making it's way out of his shirt :lol:

Space is vast. Incredibly vast. To paraphrase the movie "Contact," if we're the only ones, what a massive waste of space! I personally believe it is incredibly arrogant of us as a species to say that there is absolutely no chance of intelligent life outside this planet.

The problem is.. we're not only talking about vast space, but also vast timescales. We've (intelligent humans) been around a blink of an eye, not that even. The start of a blink. Radio communication? Forget it.. a microsecond. The odds of another civilation being at the point where A) they can communicate interstellarly B) we can understand what they're saying C) they want to be heard or D) they're listening for us .. the odds get worse and worse once you consider all these factors that we'll ever swap signals, so to speak. Even if the galaxy were teeming with life, the odds are long we'll hook up any time soon.

Oh I don't know... I like urban legends and mysterious things.
BIg Foot is one that I never spent a lot of time on though.

Could be it exists. I prefer things like the dyatlov pass incident or the chase vault mystery. Oh and let's not forget Oak Island. Classic.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I want to see a "Ghost Chasers" episode where they film Bigfoot riding the Loch Ness Monster while jousting with a Chupacabra riding a Yeti.

That would be much more interesting than the episode where they interviewed Vampires and Werewolves who had been abducted by Aliens.

In regards to Bigfoot: even thought the continental US is very populated overall, there are still many places, especially out west of the Mississippi River & the Applachain regian that are sparsly populated. On top of that, humans cannot be everywhere at once. Even If you add into the equation motion sensing game camera traps, The CONUS still has a lot of territory that is not in use.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I want to see a "Ghost Chasers" episode where they film Bigfoot riding the Loch Ness Monster while jousting with a Chupacabra riding a Yeti.

That would be much more interesting than the episode where they interviewed Vampires and Werewolves who had been abducted by Aliens.

You sir can be replaced. :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
that explains it.

Every so often something new or something we thought lost for years turns up on a thick forest someplace.

proxy.php

There is a tenured biology professor at the nearby Univ of Idaho who is always appearing on Monster Quest and similar shows as a supporter of the existence of Bigfoot.
Whenever I meet a faculty member from there I ask if they know him-invariably, before I can get his whole name out they cut me off, expressing their embarrassment of his very existence and sometimes saying that he is the best argument again tenure!!

Is his first name Chad? :lol:

Me? I did see the Jersey Devils many times, before they moved to Newark. :thumbup1:

Reminds me of a guy my dad used to work with who was 6'-6" and about 300 pds of solid muscle.

I was about 14 and we went over to the guy's house and as we pulled up, I noticed he was wearing a black sweater. Since it was August, in Texas, I asked my dad why he was wearing a sweater.

My dad explained....he was not wearing a shirt.

So, yeah, bigfoot exists.

Oh I don't know... I like urban legends and mysterious things.
BIg Foot is one that I never spent a lot of time on though.

Could be it exists. I prefer things like the dyatlov pass incident or the chase vault mystery. Oh and let's not forget Oak Island. Classic.

Oak Island is a good one.

Top Bottom