What's new

Bigfoot Fact or Fiction

Bigfoot: fact or fiction

• Fact

• Fiction

• Art is Bigfoot

• Deep down, Phil Really does Believe !!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lol of course! And every single crime must have time-stamped video proof of the alleged perp committing said crime, otherwise it's conjecture, right? No such thing as inference based on evidence. My bad.

An average, standard person would only need that stabilized .gif to decide there's 0% chance there's anyone but a person on the film. If you're any different, I don't know what to tell you.

No hard feelings, though - you're completely entitled to be as wrong as you want to be. :wink:

("you" being anyone - not "you" specifically)

Your example of video proof is accurate, but not how you mean it to be. To be valid evidence it must show not just that a crime was committed but give clear evidence of WHO committed it. To qualify as "proof" it cannot leave room for conjecture. As for your "average standard person", they would merely conclude that Bigfoot walks like a human, which has been claimed by more than one "witness" anyway. The original footage that gif is made from does clearly demonstrate that the camera operator had a bad case of the shakes. Is it fake? Neither the video or gif provide sufficient actual evidence to prove that one way or the other, which could be deliberate. Is the big hairy dude real? I'm not convinced, but it's an interesting story if nothing else.

I live in the Cowichan Valley which is the bigfoot capital of BC. There are sightings on a fairly regular basis. I have never seen or heard anything but then I love in the city. The natives have a long tradition of bigfoot lore, and some friends even have bigfoot as their house "totems" as it were, I have heard many stories of them being seen.

I believe there is something out there.

Your example of video proof is accurate, but not how you mean it to be. To be valid evidence it must show not just that a crime was committed but give clear evidence of WHO committed it. To qualify as "proof" it cannot leave room for conjecture. As for your "average standard person", they would merely conclude that Bigfoot walks like a human, which has been claimed by more than one "witness" anyway. The original footage that gif is made from does clearly demonstrate that the camera operator had a bad case of the shakes. Is it fake? Neither the video or gif provide sufficient actual evidence to prove that one way or the other, which could be deliberate. Is the big hairy dude real? I'm not convinced, but it's an interesting story if nothing else.

Nobody's debating whether or not a crime occurred. The debate is whether or not the film is actual footage of "Bigfoot" or is simply a person in a costume. Despite your strawman attempt, numerous "experts" claimed that the whole premise of the footage being real, is that the creature did *not* walk like a human. There were only two witnesses to the events depicted in the Gimlin film - the two makers of the film. If that film is evidence to you (or anyone else) of the existence of Bigfoot, more power to ya.

I agree it's an interesting story -- until people start taking it seriously. :wink:

A person can't move like the thing in the film. They've been trying to duplicate it for years.
Well that depends on the person, doesn't it. If a creature with that build can move that way, then a human with that build can walk that way.
It looks human to me, both the build and the motion.
In fact I think I walk very much like that if I'm wearing a heavy rucksack. Did the attempts to replicate it include strapping weights to the body?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Hey everyone,

We have had a lot of fun with this thread. But I think I have to turn it serious again. I have some very compelling evidence I have researched up. I need a bit more time to put it all together and get it posted. I am hoping tomorrow night I will have this new information up.

I know all the non believers will not believe but it may be enough to sway those on the fence.
Please keep an open mind and stay tuned.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I posted last night I had evidence that Bigfoot exists. From the information I could come up with this photo was taken in Illinois. I do not have absolute proof of that, but I am pretty sure of it. Who would have thought the best photographic evidence yet of Bigfoot would come out of the Midwest.

If you want to remain a skeptic you may not want to look at this. If you want the proof in the pudding here it is.

proxy.php
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hey!

I thought I got rid of the original negative of that photo! How'd you guys get your hands on that??????

Well, I guess you now know why I joined a Forum with expert advice on Shaving.

I'm so embarrassed.

Hey!

I thought I got rid of the original negative of that photo! How'd you guys get your hands on that??????

Well, I guess you now know why I joined a Forum with expert advice on Shaving.

I'm so embarrassed.

The truth is out Phil ? I thought the only Bigfoot was at Lou's in NJ.....guess I was wrong

I presume Scott is telling us his experience as he remembers it but without even going into the problems associated with eye witness testimony and assuming his recall is completely accurate what does this establish.

We have an unidentified noise and two frightened dogs - we don't even have a reliable cause and effect connection between these two phenomena. The conclusion that Bigfoot is real is an incredible leap.

It's like when people ask me if I believe in UFOs: of course I do, I'm sure people see flying objects they can't identify all the time.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I presume Scott is telling us his experience as he remembers it but without even going into the problems associated with eye witness testimony and assuming his recall is completely accurate what does this establish.

We have an unidentified noise and two frightened dogs - we don't even have a reliable cause and effect connection between these two phenomena. The conclusion that Bigfoot is real is an incredible leap.

It's like when people ask me if I believe in UFOs: of course I do, I'm sure people see flying objects they can't identify all the time.

We may not have a reliable cause and effect, but I remember that night quite vividly. Something scared the bejesus out of that dog. I am not saying it was under any certainty Bigfoot, but there was something. I am just trying to come up with a logical explanation of a sound I have never heard before and what could be in those river bottoms that would scare a coon dog.

Could it have been a large cat......maybe, but would it have scared the dog like that? There are so few lion sightings in Iowa especially in that part of the state I just do not think that was it. I grew up in those woods, I know what coyote, Fox, and Bobcat sound like. I know the calls of the night birds, I am just stumped on this one. It may have been 30 years ago but I have never come up with an explanation.

Has anyone tried setting up a snare with Jacklinks Beef Jerky as bait? They appear to have an affinity for that stuff.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
What we REALLY need is a B&B camping trip.
Just some B&B guys, some gear, some beer and a campfire.

Top Bottom