What's new

Bigfoot Fact or Fiction

Bigfoot: fact or fiction

• Fact

• Fiction

• Art is Bigfoot

• Deep down, Phil Really does Believe !!!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
proxy.php

How come this guy with the rifle looks like Mr. Scruffy ???

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Since this got moved to the great outdoors, Rob does that mean you are a believer. I am pretty sure I have Marcus converted. Phil and Brian are coming around. Of course Lou is on the fence. The rest have not responded.

Thanks for your support buddy.:thumbup:

For what it's worth. Here is a story for y'all to chew on...

On September of 1989 my first Wife and I spent our honeymoon in the Ozark Mountains on an old Gold Claim near Huntington Arkansas. We were at a "period" inn from the 1860's with a few other families and our parents. We were out panning for gold one day and my father-in-law, (a local sheriff) was moving down the stream "patch-panning" which is basically digging small holes and panning the tailings.

It was a cloudless, sunny day, hardly any hint of wind, and no movement anywhere around us...we all felt it...even my then wife could feel it...There was something "in the air", and the air felt heavy.

There were cows moving in and out of a stand of trees about 20 feet from where we were. Suddenly they all all started mooing very loudly...they were all pointing one direction like all looking at something and the calves were behind their mothers...just then my father-in-law started screaming, and began shooting at something...He ran back to us and was screaming like a girl to run...his face was COMPLETELY white and his pupils were really big...we heard something crashing through the stand of trees and a then cow came flying through the air and landing on its back and crashed down the embankment.

That was all I needed, I dropped EVERYTHING and ran away. That was the most scared I had ever been! Later that night when he got up...he was so disturbed he had to take a nap...he recounted what had happened.

Basically he was panning when he noticed a shadow come over him...there were no clouds so he automatically thought it was one of us...without looking up he started talking and heard a grunt...he thought that was rude so he reeled around to speak his mind, and was confronted by a huge Monkey-manish looking thing. He said it was standing at the top of the rise with the sun directly behind him. It had a gorilla-ish face, and was covered in hair.

He always carries a weapon, a S&W 40 semi auto, and so he drew the gun and started shooting...he didn't remember screaming... He said that thing got so mad that it picked up a cow and threw it. He said his grandpa had told him about the whooly-booger, a Bigfoot Creature supposedly living in Arkansas, but he never believed it until that day...

My father-in-law was the most honorable man I had ever met. He would give you the shirt off his back and his shoes too. He was a fair lawman, and never let race play a factor in his decisions...he was a great judge of character and believed that all men had good in them. Twice he was honored by the State of Arkansas for exceptional bravery in the line of duty. He was a Vietnam Vet, and was Proud of what he did there. Up to the day he died he was adamant about what he saw, and I believe him.

My mother-in-law swore it was Cain or a Son of Perdition...My father-in-law was a trained shooter and says he shot that thing 11 times with the first 4 shots going wide...

How could something survive being shot 11 times with a 40 caliber and still be able to THROW a 2000lb cow? I never saw it, but i believe that they exist.

**Edited** Someone from the Bigfoot Research somethingorother did call us all and took our statements...the sighting is listed on a web-page somewhere for Huntington, Monroe County, Arkansas 1989.

Ideas or explanations are welcome...

Last edited:
For years, I've heard stories about the booger from friends of mine who grew up in the mountains (in this case, in western NC). If you say that your father-in-law had this experience, I believe you. At the same time, I don't believe that the mountains and forests of the United States (at least not the ones I'm familiar with) could support a breeding population of large, still-unknown mammals. That's the rub, isn't it? How can a specific story be true, but it be so unlikely that there's a mass of creatures around that one like that could come from? I don't know what the answer is to that.

Just as a sidenote, the idea of the booger probably comes from Scots-Irish traditions. The term--and maybe the critter too?--came from the old country. At the same time, it's connected to traditions of the Eastern Band of the Cherokee. I've been thinking about this for a while--I'll look into it a little and post something later.

IMHO, it's really unlikely that "bigfoot" exists up here in the PacNW. With all the logging, hiking trails, etc. that are heavily used (even in "remote" areas), we'd have seen SLR photos of any critter or remains of one by now.

The cryptozoology episode of Penn & Teller's "BS" did a proper skewing of many of the people who hawk books/videos and otherwise make money off this.

The year was 1983 I was 17 years old and me and a buddy were out coon hunting. We were in the river bottoms of the Wapsipinnicon River near Massilon IA.

Couple of things...
1) It's Massillon, IA incase anyone is Google mapping it.
2) What is that sound file? Sounds like a garbled mess is all.
3) It was probably someone from Jackson county trying to catch a coon for some extra ciriculars. :laugh:
4) Bigfoot exists... but no way in hell it's in Iowa.

Last edited:
My sister in law had a sasquatch run across the road in front of her several times about a year ago. My brother and the nearby park ranger caught it and it turned out to be the local trustee's kid in a gorilla costume. He was lucky they had a hunch and didn't shoot him. They did scare the bejesus out of him with a baseball bat though.:biggrin1:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Couple of things...
1) It's Massillon, IA incase anyone is Google mapping it.
2) What is that sound file? Sounds like a garbled mess is all.
3) It was probably someone from Jackson county trying to catch a coon for some extra ciriculars. :laugh:
4) Bigfoot exists... but no way in hell it's in Iowa.

I did not know Massillon would even show up on google. Has it turned into a booming metropolis, or is the pop still about 50?

I haven't had time to pore through the entire thread yet, but here's my $.02: there's waaaay too much physical and historical evidence and sightings by dozens (hundreds?) of completely sane individuals to discount bigfoot as myth. I'm just waiting for one to be found or captured so I can tell my wife, "I told you so!" Just sayin.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I haven't had time to pore through the entire thread yet, but here's my $.02: there's waaaay too much physical and historical evidence and sightings by dozens (hundreds?) of completely sane individuals to discount bigfoot as myth. I'm just waiting for one to be found or captured so I can tell my wife, "I told you so!" Just sayin.

:001_smile:001_smile:001_smile:001_smile

Top Bottom