What's new

Praise be to Speick

Well, after all of the raving going on about Speick, I finally broke down and ordered the SC and a bar of the bath soap. It arrived last night and...

man oh man I see what all the fuss was about! I truly love the scent...it is just as a lot of herbal websites descirbe the scent of the speick root: a cross between chamomile and patchouli...but even sweeter. This stuff smells great (and hats off to the gent who recommended the bath soap as it is just as wonderful as the cream, scent-wise).

And as for the shaving...AWESOME. Lathered like a dream, stayed so "wet" while not runny...I think the beeswax helps as well...MMMmmm...

So I must conclude that the Germans really know their shaving stuff! My favorite razor, the Merkur HD, is from germany. My favorite soap, Tabac, is from Germany. My (possibly...we'll see after a few more shaves) favorite cream is also from Germany.

Sorry for the rant...I'm just very pleased with this new (to me) discovery.

Well, after all of the raving going on about Speick, I finally broke down and ordered the SC and a bar of the bath soap. It arrived last night and...

man oh man I see what all the fuss was about! I truly love the scent...it is just as a lot of herbal websites descirbe the scent of the speick root: a cross between chamomile and patchouli...but even sweeter. This stuff smells great (and hats off to the gent who recommended the bath soap as it is just as wonderful as the cream, scent-wise).

And as for the shaving...AWESOME. Lathered like a dream, stayed so "wet" while not runny...I think the beeswax helps as well...MMMmmm...

So I must conclude that the Germans really know their shaving stuff! My favorite razor, the Merkur HD, is from germany. My favorite soap, Tabac, is from Germany. My (possibly...we'll see after a few more shaves) favorite cream is also from Germany.

Sorry for the rant...I'm just very pleased with this new (to me) discovery.

I hear ya! It's like I said in the "DE Confessions thread."

For me, Speick and Aqua Velva are the "do all, end all" of wetshaving. This stuff simply can't be beat!

So happy that you gave it a shot (and for those that have used it, you know that one chance is all it needs :wink: )

I give Speick and yourself :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: out of :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger: :badger:

:yesnod: :cornut:

Agreed on the praise of the German products. England and Germany: the wetshaving nations of the world.

:confused:

where can I purchase speick? I've looked on classicshaving, vintageblades, qedusa, and done a google search. All I have come up with is Amazon. I'd like to see if I could find a shaving related site, so that i can peruse other products and group a purchase. Where do you guys get your speick?

Thanks!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You mean you didn't buy the aftershave! :w00t: It's their best product.

Now you have to place another order. :thumbup1:

I bought mine from Beautyhabit in CA .
They have quite a few shaving related items in their men's area.

I have been dealing with them for many years, they have great customer service, and always send samples with orders.

Steve

I will definitely be ordering the aftershave! Three days going with Speick each time and I just love it more and more! What are your thoughts on the cologne?

I will definitely be ordering the aftershave! Three days going with Speick each time and I just love it more and more! What are your thoughts on the cologne?

The cologne is also great. My first impressions let me down, though, as the scent is not the same as the beloved cream. I can only describe it as a "spicy citrus," or if you're familiar with the scent of Versace Green Jeans cologne (dead ringer, but not as potent as the Versace).

The past week I've found myself reaching for the Speick EdC more than my others as it so refreshing with the temperatures on the rise. In fact I'm wearing it today.

I say go for it!

Mama Bear's Spicy Limes Cologne is a cheaper alternative if you are looking for a similar scent to the Speick cologne. Great stuff!

Personally I use the Speick aftershave lotion daily because it plays so well with other scents and creams and not only with the other Speick products. :001_tt1:

I have just started to use Speick SC. It is excellent stuff, nice and slick. I guess I would have to say I prefer it over Proraso.

I've finally found Speick in the UK and have a sneaky suspicion that I might be getting some for Christmas :biggrin1:

Top Bottom