What's new

Ah, the taste of traditional shaving!

Inevitably, no matter how careful I am, and especially when I face-lather, I wind up having a little taste of my shave cream :001_tongu. So I offer here my thoughts so far on the tastes of shaving; feel free to add your experience/comments.

Williams: tastes like deodorant soap. Bleah.

Cella: sweet, almond-y and just a little soapy, not really bad at all. If you are one of the kids who used to eat library paste, you'll like Cella just fine

Proraso: tastes like a Hall's cough drop, with a soap aftertase.

Tabac: horrid. Seriously, this stuff is the worst. It's one of my favorite soaps, gives a great shave, but when I'm brushing it on my lips are sealed!

Mamabear's Carribean: tastes like (listening to) a Jimmy Buffet album.

And of course let's not forget the alum block: tastes like a green persimmon (any other Hoosiers out there?)

Inevitably, no matter how careful I am, and especially when I face-lather, I wind up having a little taste of my shave cream :001_tongu. So I offer here my thoughts so far on the tastes of shaving; feel free to add your experience/comments.

Williams: tastes like deodorant soap. Bleah.

Cella: sweet, almond-y and just a little soapy, not really bad at all. If you are one of the kids who used to eat library paste, you'll like Cella just fine

Proraso: tastes like a Hall's cough drop, with a soap aftertase.

Tabac: horrid. Seriously, this stuff is the worst. It's one of my favorite soaps, gives a great shave, but when I'm brushing it on my lips are sealed!

Mamabear's Carribean: tastes like (listening to) a Jimmy Buffet album.

And of course let's not forget the alum block: tastes like a green persimmon (any other Hoosiers out there?)

YTMV (Your Tastes May Vary)! :lol::lol::lol:

Haha, this is an awesome post!

To avoid having an unintentional snack, I usually wipe my lips after applying the lather to my face, but to each their own.

Accidentally tasted some QCS Vostok this morning, and the peppermint was very good! Of course it was hard to focus on that because my eyes were watering, but that's for a different thread :lol:

When I got the taste of soap in my mouth it was for something I said. :biggrin1:

+1

Although I have sampled my TOBS cream on accident. I'll just pull my lips in when I lather so that when I finish, my lips are clean. Also helps to provide a flat surface for the brush to work across and lift all those pesky hairs.

The taste of HoneyBee_Spa soaps isn't half bad, as soaps go. :thumbsup:

Aqua Velva is rather bitter though. :laugh:

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom