What's new

Wilkerson Sword blades from Wally-World

Well I picked up this pack today for 1.76 at Walmart.
Two days ago I had my first BBS shave with a Merkur blade.. I still have not ordered a blade sampler pack but I am going to tonight....

My face feels like I have a 2nd degree sunburn!!! Weepers on my neck!! I know I'm a rookie at wetshaving but even with my very first DE shave, I wasn't in nowhere near the pain I'm in now!!!!:blushing: HOOTCHIE-MAMA.. WOW... I threw the whole pack into the trash..

3-pass shave

One thing though.. The blade felt great at first.. sharp, smooth.. On the 2nd pass I could feel the blade getting dull and rough with each swipe... My mistake to continue to make 3 complete passes... should have stopped at 2..

I'd rather shave with a steak knife!!!!

Going to make a cocktail.. I need one!!!!

Cheers!
Jeff

They are a finicky blade. I have used one it was great tried it another razor and I went running for my wives Venus

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The interesting bit is that you might like them or find them ok in a different razor. Agreed with you, if they don't work, a different brand is in order. Good move on the razor blade sample pack.

The interesting bit is that you might like them or find them ok in a different razor. Agreed with you, if they don't work, a different brand is in order. Good move on the razor blade sample pack.

Listen to the Luc! He's right.

I get awful shaves with them in a less aggressive razor like a Tech or Superspeed, but I enjoy pretty fine shaves when they're loaded into a Slant or RedTip! YMMV.

Such is the case with many blades. The only ones that give me good results no matter what razor I'm using would be Astra SP and Feathers, in that order.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I do not find them to work well at all in a Tech. But the last time I was away from home I brought my Aristocrat, but checked so I could not bring blades. I used the Wilkinsons in the Aristocrat and they were not bad. I found out though after a 3 pass shave you might as well pitch them.

It would appear that if it's easy to get, it's not worth buying. There are exceptions, but where I live, if I find it in a brick and mortar store, (wilkinson sword, Gillette, Williams Mug) better to keep walking!

I use them in my Merkur 38c and 23c, and actually really enjoy them. Of the blades I've tried, including Feather, these work the best for me. I will say that of the 20 or so I've used that there have been a couple bad ones that I've thrown away because the first shave was so rough. They must have HORRIBLE QC.

I use them in my Merkur 38c...

Just loaded one in my 38C, and will give it a go tomorrow and report. Was surprised to see them at World of Wally and at 10 blades for $1.76, I figured what the heck...

After reading this thread, though, I hope my face doesn't burn or bleed like heck tomorrow.

Yikes~

I agree that blades work differently in different razors. My favorite has become feather, though, in all the DE's I currently use.

Picked these up the other week. I really dig them in my feather portable, weren't so great in my SS. They also seem to dull much faster than any other blade I've used, I get only about 2 comfortable shaves out of them but I usually stretch them to a third because I'm crazy.

I think they're pretty decent blades actually. Work pretty well for me in an EJ89. But everyone's different. Some people get perfect shaves with Derbys for example, while they're quite terrible for me.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
They work just fine for me.
Readily available and that's something in their favor.
There aren't many blades that I can't get a good shave out of though. YMMV

Last edited:
Top Bottom