What's new

Van Der Hagen GLYCERIN soap

They have the glycerin bar at Fred Meyer's in Oregon and some Walgreens. It's the greatest cheap soap out there!

I have seen the VDH Deluxe at Walmart, and Walgreens, and the VDH Select at Rite Aid.

I saw all three varieties at Rite Aid early in my wet shaving career almost two years ago, but for the last year they have only had the Select.

You best bet for the Glycerin is to post a Want to Buy in the WTB forum. Somebody will hook you up. :tongue_sm

Have any Canadian Badgers seen VDH deluxe in a brick and mortar store in Canada?

Where abouts are ya, there is some in buffalo. If not I might be able to pick some up for ya and ship it (cover ship and cost.) if u want I can see if I can find the shave set, its a pretty decent value for the price once the boar hair brush breaks inuch better on face than synthetics.

Funny how "The Walrus" doesn't sell it here. I checked all the usual stores with no luck. I want to give it a go, like Williams, just to see what all the fuss is about. Thanks for sources/links!

Another Oregonian saying they sell it at Bi-mart.
Guess I should go into business:001_smile

Hey Laney, the cheap glycerine round that Bi-mart sells lathers up and shaves just as well as this soap does. I used it alot early on and I liked it alot. Cool thing was since it was basically a generic store brand it was dirt cheap. You can find it over with the bath soaps, and the unscented smells alot like Col. Conk Amber shaving soap. It's good soap.

Clayton

Hey Laney, the cheap glycerine round that Bi-mart sells lathers up and shaves just as well as this soap does. I used it alot early on and I liked it alot. Cool thing was since it was basically a generic store brand it was dirt cheap. You can find it over with the bath soaps, and the unscented smells alot like Col. Conk Amber shaving soap. It's good soap.

Clayton

I was think about that. Most of the dollar and discount stores (Big! Lots, etc) sell bars of glycerin soap.

Hmmm...get one or two, place them in my new rice/shave bowl, and microwave enough to melt it and let it form into the bowl.

I was think about that. Most of the dollar and discount stores (Big! Lots, etc) sell bars of glycerin soap.

Hmmm...get one or two, place them in my new rice/shave bowl, and microwave enough to melt it and let it form into the bowl.

I was really surprised at how well it worked. I had been buying the Vanderhagen previously but my Bi-mart was out of it so I tried the cheaper generic.

Clayton

Hey Wetshavermike (and anyone else in SW On). If you are in Kitchener, the drug store in the Pioneer Park plaza (corner of Homer Watson and Pioneer Dr - less than 5 mins off 401) - has both VDH Deluxe and Glycerin.

If you do make it to Kitchener - Walper tobacco (downtown on King) has Merkurs, Parkers, Col Conk soaps and brushes, and some other stuff.

Top Bottom