What's new

What the hell were you thinking?

I wonder about people who start threads with titles which are seemingly deliberate attempts to stir up the political debate here at Badger & Blade.

I think it is unseemly and impolite. I have not read a single post in such threads, and I invite other members to vote with their mouse as well.

To late, I just posted in one of those threads that you don't like. And I have no problem with you avoiding reading it.

As long as such threads stay at the level of a lively discussion and don't degenerate into a squabble, I have no problem with them.

To late, I just posted in one of those threads that you don't like. And I have no problem with you avoiding reading it.

As long as such threads stay at the level of a lively discussion and don't degenerate into a squabble, I have no problem with them.

Likewise. I am very passionate about both politics and religion. I have chosen not to read the two recent threads about healthcare and guns. Why? Because I come to Badger & Blade to relax. Not to get hot headed if someone thinks differently than I do. We all come from different backgrounds and up bringings. We are all not going to agree all the time. The nuts of it is, we are at Badger & Blade because we all share a common passion; traditional wet shaving. I don't mind political or religious threads if they are discussed on a gentlemanly basis, but we all know that simply can't happen. Therefore I just avoid them all together and use Badger & Blade for my relaxation. If you think something might offend you, don't open and read the thread.

DL

There's a difference between posting a thread on a political topic and posting a thread on a political topic with an obviously inflammatory title. As it so happens, the threads we are discussing represent one of each.

And Dave, don't get me wrong, my above post wasn't directed at you, it was just my general opinion on those threads.

DL

I wonder about people who start threads with titles which are seemingly deliberate attempts to stir up the political debate here at Badger & Blade.

I think it is unseemly and impolite. I have not read a single post in such threads, and I invite other members to vote with their mouse as well.

uhm....you mean like this thread mate?? :)

I have strong opinions about both of those subjects, and I did read some of the responses. But I would end up just getting in trouble and I like it here too much so I just hit "New Posts" again and looked for some different threads to read.

Plenty of other places for that stuff.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Likewise. I am very passionate about both politics and religion. I have chosen not to read the two recent threads about healthcare and guns. Why? Because I come to Badger & Blade to relax. Not to get hot headed if someone thinks differently than I do. We all come from different backgrounds and up bringings. We are all not going to agree all the time. The nuts of it is, we are at Badger & Blade because we all share a common passion; traditional wet shaving. I don't mind political or religious threads if they are discussed on a gentlemanly basis, but we all know that simply can't happen. Therefore I just avoid them all together and use Badger & Blade for my relaxation. If you think something might offend you, don't open and read the thread.

DL

You sir, are one smart fella!
Seems to me your post title is a lot more inflammatory than those you criticized without reading.

You wouldn't have known that though if you hadn't read his post! :lol:

When I first saw this thread title, I thought it was going to be about some bone headed stunt he did.

Seems to me your post title is a lot more inflammatory than those you criticized without reading.
That would make sense if you are against the Obama healthcare bill I guess. Personally, I found the "obamacare" thread intriguing - having been born in Australia after the introduction of Medicare, I've never had to pay "out of pocket" to visit a GP (although that isn't universal - if you want to see your choice of doctor you might have to pay, I'm generally happy to see "any doctor") and I was intrigued by the discussion in that thread.

It reminded me of seeing Oprah attempting to discuss how atrocious living conditions must be for women in Dubai, with a woman doctor living and practising in Dubai. The doctor spent the whole interview trying to get Oprah to explain why people have to pay to see a doctor in the US, when the Doctor is paid by the government based on quite similar renumeration method to leading US hospitals. The whole interview was :lol::lol::lol: a barrel of laughs.

Apart from that, though, some members should remember that this is an international forum - local issues like this should probably stay in a social group, if you're expecting input from people with a detailed understanding of the issue.

When I first saw this thread title, I thought it was going to be about some bone headed stunt he did.

Maybe he knew that some of you guys would think that posting this thread was a boneheaded stunt. Maybe he's several steps ahead of the rest of us, watching us like lab rats in a maze. Did that ever occur to you? Probably not, because the OP is a master of subterfuge.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Maybe he knew that some of you guys would think that posting this thread was a boneheaded stunt. Maybe he's several steps ahead of the rest of us, watching us like lab rats in a maze. Did that ever occur to you? Probably not, because the OP is a master of subterfuge.

Or is he?

Wheels within wheels, gentlemen. Wheels within wheels.

Aha! Maybe it turns out to be true afterall, and that posting this thread was the self fulfilling prophecy of his title.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.

Or is he?

Wheels within wheels, gentlemen. Wheels within wheels.

Aha! Maybe it turns out to be true afterall, and that posting this thread was the self fulfilling prophecy of his title.

Oh no, now I don't know if I should post in this thread or not. I'll have to think about it. :a36:

So I guess my "Gun control, abortion, healthcare, Israel vs Palestine, North vs South, Atheism vs Religion, Ford vs Chevy, " thread is not welcome?

The internet is a particularly bad medium to hold a political discussion. There's no nuance and not having the object of your opinion standing in front of you tends to remove our natural governor. G*d and politics are the most inflammatory but it can happen on any topic.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The internet is a particularly bad medium to hold a political discussion. There's no nuance and not having the object of your opinion standing in front of you tends to remove our natural governor. G*d and politics are the most inflammatory but it can happen on any topic.

Just what do you mean that the internet is a "bad medium"??????
:mad3: :angry: :mad3: :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom