What's new

2 vintage gillette razors

just found these 2 vintage razors paid only $ 8.00 for both of them just need to clean them up... i think there the same model just different colors
does anyone know what model they are also they are gillette adjustables here is a few pics:thumbup:

Not quite the same model, but they are fairly closely related. The silver-toned one is a Gillette Slim Adjustable, and the black-handled one is called a Super Adjustable, also by Gillette. The Super Adjustable was the follow-on to the Slim in the late 60's-early 70's (the Slim was a follow on to the Fat Boy, which proceeded the Toggle -- all adjustables made by Gillette).

Check out the B&B wiki for more information on each, and good score!

EDIT: Oh!, and Welcome to B&B!!

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B.

Both of those adjustable models have made many a happy camper.
Spray them with some Scubbing Bubbles and scrub them with a old toothbrush an you are off to the races. Just start on lower numbers and increase to taste.

Enjoy.....

I scored a super adjustable, ss, and tech at an antique mall a couple weeks ago just like you. The super is definitely quality. Great work sir

Ya thanks for all the info i found out the slim is a 1962 3rd quarter
and the super is 1973 1st quarter

ya i run pawn shops an there is a nice antique mall across the street they had alot of SE razor and a few de razors still in boxes and a bunch of the vintage DE an SE blades still origanal packaging for sale if anyone is interested in a certain one i can go check it out an mail it to you

I've got both of these, a 66 slim and a 72 super adjustable. Haven't tried the super yet but love the slim. I run it on 5 for the first 2 passes then tone it down to 4 for the ATG and touch ups.

Welcome aboard and great find.

Charlie

Those are two very nice razors. I am looking for a slim adjustable myself but with the shorter handle (they made them long and short).

Great snag you made there!

Oh, and welcome to B&B. You have run into the nicest bunch of folks this side of the moon!

Top Bottom