What's new

Penhaligon's Racquets Question

Today Racquets is the sample I chose to try on, and so far, over the last three hours, it is enjoyable.
The question I have, especially for any of you who wore colognes in the late 60's/early 70's, is: What is Racquets an upscale version of( though with more spice in the base in Racquets)? I just can't remember which of the popular scents it reminds me of, original Faberge' Brut maybe(the listed notes are similar)? The others I remember having were English Leather, British Sterling, and later Polo and others.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's just one JR. Racquets is probably reminiscent of many of those. Very nice frag.

Brut is to me very similar to Clubman, and bit to Pens Sartorial.

My scent memory of British Sterling isn't real clear right now...but it may be somewhat similar to that. Some element of might be similar to Polo.

I think it just evokes many classic scents.

Last edited:
Similar? It has been re-done quite a bit in it's latest incarnation. That powdery base tells other tales though. The formula itself is actually quite old and harks from the late 1800's and early 1900's. It's not very similar to any modern colognes. Most prominently to perhaps Penhaligon's Eau de Vervien.

Top Bottom