What's new

New to Safety Razor Shaving

Hello everyone! First post here. I just recently picked up a safety razor, brush and bowl to make my shaving more fulfilling. I tend to like things that require some skill, and dare I say, art to accomplish.

I'm excited to be on here and pick up some advice from those who have been doing this a long time, such as: how to you shave your neck and chin?

Mostly just wanted to say hello though!

Welcome to the group !! You will learn everything you need to learn about traditional wet shaving right here !!:thumbup:

Welcome! This is a great adventure in skill building.

how to you shave your neck and chin?

1st, carefully ... there are many angles and many curves to be negotiated

2nd, slowly ... there are small areas on my neck that I can only get to with a suitable grimace and stretching the skin with the other hand. I use an alum block to give me better traction between fingers and skin when stretching.

3rd, gently ... my neck skin seems more tender than anywhere else, and I can still get razor burn if unless I take extra care

Best of Luck on this new adventure!

Welcome to B&B.

For a good starting off point look at the information at this post. The information there will direct you to where you can get answers to all of your shaving needs. Plus, it’s always a good idea to read the wikis and stickies. And, don’t forget; if you have any questions just ask. :smile:

Welcome! By all means, go over to You Tube and search for Mantic. On his channel are dozens of clips which take a novice from "What's a safety razor?" all the through advanced shaving techniques, which do exist and are not for someone starting out! "J-hooking", hah? :glare: Wait and learn, grasshopper! :thumbup:

Top Bottom