What's new

How to spot a fake Iridium Super Extra Stainless.

Following on from this:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=187734

Below are images taken from a Real Iridium Super (on the left) vs a fake on the right.

Most of the differences are pretty obvious. However there are some significant differences that the photo's don't show:

1. The Box will not open smoothly at the top. The gluing on the sides are more likely to give way rather than the perforations.
2. The Blade is a different quality steel and is harder to flex.
3. The colouring does not seem as bright.
4. The "Glue" spots on the fake are actually grease - rather than the thick silicone glue on the real.

All other differences are visible in the images.

"Having a clear-out" my arse.

Look at his feedback. He's purchased three lots from our friend idiotdoc

Is there anything the Chinese won't counterfeit? A big thanks goes out to BlkKnight for this post as I continue my, seemingly neverending, education in the DE universe. Evidently there are no graduates of B&B University, only students.

LOL at the numerous bad spellings. I wonder if they are deliberate to try and avoid copyright lawsuits. Certainly the easiest way to tell if a box is one of these counterfeits.

Another fine product from Brocter and Hamble! :lol:

Unbelievable. DE shaving has grown to the point of shysters trying to scam people at a whole new level. Thanks for the post, I had no idea.

Thanks for posting! I purchased 100 of these from idiotdoc, though they have not been shipped yet. I opened up an ebay claim on this and the seller refunded me immediately.

Last edited:
I bet all of the blades he sold are fakes too. I'm glad I never purchased anything from him I almost pulled the trigger on some blades a while back.

they are posting pics on theshaveden as well. I guess someone got fakes there too. I did not want to post his pics here cuz I do not have his permision but they are clearly fakes.

I wont buy anything from idiotdoc ever. :thumbdown

I bet all of the blades he sold are fakes too. I'm glad I never purchased anything from him I almost pulled the trigger on some blades a while back.

they are posting pics on theshaveden as well. I guess someone got fakes there too. I did not want to post his pics here cuz I do not have his permision but they are clearly fakes.

I wont buy anything from idiotdoc ever. :thumbdown

The guy refunded my money within 30 mins of asking and has done for other UK forum members. He may have got caught out himself and may be genuine.
We all make mistakes it's how we handle them afterwards that counts and he is sorting things out very quickly, so you have to give him credit for that.
Maybe let him sort everyone out before passing judgement ??

But it's your money so you buy from the places you want to...........:wink2:

The guy refunded my money within 30 mins of asking and has done for other UK forum members. He may have got caught out himself and may be genuine.
We all make mistakes it's how we handle them afterwards that counts and he is sorting things out very quickly, so you have to give him credit for that.
Maybe let him sort everyone out before passing judgement ??

But it's your money so you buy from the places you want to...........:wink2:

He's only refunding if you ask. All the other people who didn't notice the fakes - well, they are SOL, even though he knows they are fakes at this point.

Top Bottom