What's new

The Gillette Atra Plus vs. the Sensor

Does anyone know which of these two razors has a "narrower" cartridge face? By "narrow" I am referring to the vertical height of the blade cartridge's "face." For instance, if you were to measure from the top of the "lubrication strip" down to the bottom of the cartridge, is there any difference in the "height" of the Atra Plus and Sensor blade cartridges? I am in the process of looking for the narrowest razor cartridge possible, and I would really appreciate any help.

I recently started using the Sensor instead of the Mach 3, since the Sensor has a much narrower cartridge face (due to the fact that it doesn't have the "micronfins" at the bottom, while posessing a thinner lubrication strip at the top, and one less blade). Someone recently told me that the Atra has an even narrower cartridge face. Does anyone know if this is true, or are the razor cartridges for the Atra and the Sensor basically the same exact size?

Anyone know?

I believe the Sensor is the smallest of the twin blade carts. Avoid the Sensor Excels, as they have the rubber microfins.

Top Bottom