What's new

Most Aggressive Razor: Merkur 39c, Pils, Feather SS

Hello,

I'm currently using a Merkur 39c which is the most aggressive razor I own. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is an actually more aggressive razor available like the Pils or the Feather SS? Or, is the Merkur 39c as aggressive as possible and improved technique leads to a closer more aggressive shave? Any comments are welcome.

Thank you,

Joe

The Feather AS is milder than the slant, by all accounts. Perhaps the Joris or another open-comb? Injector? SE? Straight razor?

But I'd have to ask what your goal is? Given decent equipment, at least 80% of the shave is your technique. A more aggressive razor won't always lead to a closer shave: it might leave you with a raw face and patches of stubble. I get my best shaves with good prep, a very sharp blade, a medium-to-mild razor (Mühle R89), and careful attention to technique.

I am a fan of aggressive razors with Iridium Super blades, and own a 39C, a Futur and a Vision, which I use at their highest settings. All are outstanding razors IMO. The Vision has the largest blade gap and is heaviest, and requires respect.

I have several SE Gems too, and love the Micromatic. For not much money, these are readily available, and worth a try before sinking a lot of money into one of the others I mentioned. Just my opinion.

Codfish

Last edited:
Top Bottom