What's new

The worst cologne you ever tried:

Caesar's Man -- sprayed a little on my left wrist and then drove home with the A/C vent constantly blowing the scent from my wrist toward my nose. Made me physically ill.

Armis. Smelt terrible on me!

Key point! It is amazing how differently the same scent can smell on different people! Also, how something you think really stinks can be liked by someone else. The only folks I know who are nonjudgmental about scents are my Pugs. Dog poop, Chanel No.5, a nice rare tenderloin-at any given time they are all a source of interest and interpreted as something to be licked or eaten!!!:lol:

Not a cologne but an aftershave - it was Czech Pitralon. It was strong and unpleasant. It reminded me of an industrial solvent or machine oil.

Maybe Czech women dig it. "Hey, I work at the Skoda factory" :^)

I have a hard time with gourmand scents. I love the smell of good food...when I'm eating, or getting ready to eat, etc. But I have a hard time understanding why someone would want fruit, dessert or expresso as a personal scent.

Ditto for me.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=186146

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=S&t=148980

These are pretty much a tie.

proxy.php

Not a cologne but an aftershave - it was Czech Pitralon. It was strong and unpleasant. It reminded me of an industrial solvent or machine oil.

+1 on that. I received a shipment of Czech Pitralon and several of the bottles were broken soaking the cardboard of the box. I really thought I was going to lose my lunch. It took a week to get rid of the smell.

Blenheim Bouquet-one of the foulest smells I've ever experienced. I put some on my wrist at Saks in NYC and by the time I got to work I smelled like cheap black pepper. I tried to explain to my co workers that "the guy at Subway" went a little crazy on the pepper on my sandwich at lunch and retreated to the mens room for soap and water.
I tried it again in privacy of my home a week later and waited but it was same thing.

There's a few.

• Tirrenico by Profumi del Forte. This brew is cloying, disgusting and nauseating.
  • 10 by Knize. Also disgusting and nauseating. Smells like sulphury burnt rubber mixed with thinner to me. This is what Hell on Earth would smell like.
  • Fuel For Life by Diesel. Cloying like forever with the same yucky undertones of Tirrenico. I sprayed some onto the cuff of my jacket by mistake (the vaporiser was broken) and 5 weeks later I could still smell the stuff.
  • No. 74 Victorian Lime by TOBS. How anyone can douse themselves in this synthetic and poignant brew smelling of resin and terpenes is beyond me.
  • Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon's. Where's my respirator? Gas mask? Fresh air? Anything but this.

Ha, I was just gonna say that one. Once someone pointed out the fecal note...thats all I could smell. Not a fan.

Oh my god! I tried my sample vial Saturday and when I got back from walking the dog I checked my shoes because I thought I stepped in something. Turns out it was C&S Cuba. Terrible scent.

BLEU DE CHANEL...vile stuff! The perfume counter lady at Macy's had me try a squirt. I couldn't wait to get to the restroom and wash the stink off. :001_07:

Top Bottom