What's new

Warrior Dash

Hi All,

I just ran the Warrior Dash today, what a great race!! It was a 3 mile race with obstacles, mud, fire everything. I've run other races similar to this, but this was by far the most fun. People were dressed up in costumes and it was a great atmosphere. If anyone is thinking about registering, do it!! I may run the one up in Georgia later this year.

Wow, reading this it sounds like a commercial. I assure you I am in no way affiliated with the race. I know there are a few runners in the forum and wanted to give my recommendation for this race.

I was going to register for it when it is in Maryland but timing didn't work this year. Hopefully next year. I have a few friends that would probably enjoy it as well. Glad you had a good time. How hard are the obstacles? Do you need to train specifically for them or just make sure you can run the 3 mile course?

I was going to go to the one in Lake Wales, but had no money to travel up there and the timing was no good with work.

I've ran in the Warrior dash in the Chicagoland area in each of the past 3 years. This is an awesome race, with the best post race party out there. Music, alcohol, and hundreds of muddy drenched people......good times!

There's one in MN in late July. I may have to give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

I ran it today (OK, walked about a third of it because it was at a ski area and going up the hills stunk). It was a blast. If you have one near you, I highly recommend it. Just wear stuff you don't like--I threw out my t-shirt and shorts. At least in MN, they collected running shoes for a charity that will clean them up and distribute them.

The one I did was a 5K. It had 12 or 13 obstacles--the website says 13, but I don't remember one of them and they could have added a different one. Go to www.warriordash.com for more information. If you can walk a 5K and have nominal upper body strength to climb cargo ropes or help get over 4 foot high walls, you can do it with little difficulty.

What are they like? The one I did was a blast. I hadn't trained at all (which will explain my absence from the what's your workout today thread), but unless one is in great shape, the event seems truly to be about having fun. The obstacles were challenging (some more so than others), but they weren't that daunting. Also, the organizers do a nice job of turning the race area into a giant, fairly family friendly party atmosphere. I did it with three guys I know, and we're already certain we're doing it again next year.

I highly recommend it, expecially if you want to mix up your running events--it's a lot more fun that your typical 5K or 10K. Just make sure you wear clothes you don;t want anymore and running shoes you're willing to donate to charity afterwards.

I am going to do the one here in St. Louis in October as long as it does not stop me from my century ride that month. . My sister in law wanted to give it a shot, if she can do it, so can I. Small problem is I am a non-runner agreeing to do it. I am only going for the beer and mud bath : )

Top Bottom