What's new

Who makes the best undershirt?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis

+3 for Hanes. :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php

I wear v-neck undershirts every day of the week.

I have both Hanes and Brooks Brothers.

I am slowly transitioning everything to BB. They are more expensive than the Hanes, but they end up lasting much much longer.

The first three BB shirts I bought I've had now for about 18 months and they still look great. They are starting to get a little yellow under the arms, but it is still very faint.

18 months for a Hanes shirt is unheard of. I am usually thinning shirts after 3-6 months.

I have worn a number of undershirts through the years. Everything from Brooks Brothers, Calvin Klein, Fruit of the loom, etc. I best I have found is Target's Merona brand. It's soft and wears well. No need to spend a bundle.

I like Under Armor they are not cotton and every since I don't wear cotton shirts anymore the Under armor shirts are polyester and it keeps you dry and cool, they do cost more but they last a very long time and they don't wrickle. -Blade Boy

Hanro. For comfort, durability, and yes tailoring (if thats possible in something as simple as a tshirt), its Hanro, hands down. The elegant slim collars are perfectly sewn, the cotton is soft and smooth. They never feel heavy or bunch up. My rotation of three black and four white Hanro tees have now lasted over 6 years of daily wear. They nake a couple of different models with both crews and vnecks. They do tend to run a size too small. Sadly they are expensive. I bought mine on sale for $35 a pop.

Now we are in the depths of winter I wear a Woolrich Elite Merino wool t-shirt. I work outside and it sure keeps one warm, which comes in handy when we are out plowing snow. last week during a cold spell that had the temp. down to -12 without wind chill I got the pleasure of digging out a salt spreader that one of my colleagues let freeze up in the back of a dump truck. All six tons was frozen rock solid and it took me three hours to dig it out. All I had on was this shirt and a polar fleece sweat shirt and I was toasty warm.

ribbedtee.com- the best undershirt for the money

2 xist- 30 dollars for 3, but you can find them for 12 at Marshalls. I am working through a pack right now and they are superior to anything else in that price range.

Polo- no good. It is just a rebranded Hanes shirt. Same with Nautica.

I'll throw in a vote for Jockey v-necks. They "dive" in the neck is the perfect amount for me; other brands I've tried don't fit very differently in the neck than crewnecks, so it seems pointless to wear v-necks at that point.

Jockeys disappear under polos or dress shirts worn with no tie. :thumbup:

I like to wear "wife beaters" under my shirts. They give me a comfortable layer of air between my skin and the shirt. I seldom get any sweat marks on my back during work(office), and i tend to sweat a lot. But, they aren't very sexy.
I use a norwegian brand called Dovre. Unfortunately they are rather expencive. 31 dollars a piece.

my ribbed tee order just shipped.

I really like that they are made in the USA. Pretty hard feature to find in an undershirt... or any shirt for that matter.

Top Bottom