What's new

Who makes the best undershirt?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I like to wear "wife beaters" under my shirts. They give me a comfortable layer of air between my skin and the shirt. I seldom get any sweat marks on my back during work(office), and i tend to sweat a lot. But, they aren't very sexy.
I use a norwegian brand called Dovre. Unfortunately they are rather expencive. 31 dollars a piece.

WOW, I remember in Germany my preferred brand was Schiesser, they are also very pricey. Here I wear only Hanes and FotL, can't beat the price. You should consider to buy yours here in the USA and have them shipped to you - you save a lot at $31 an A-shirt!!

The best overall I've found is Jockey Classic.

Next would be the Stafford heavyweight (they might be a little too heavy/thick for some).

Merona is another good cheap choice.

I currently wear some of each of these makes.

I really like the Hugo Boss undershirts. Not the cheapest, but the collars lie flat and the shirts do not stain. They fit well for slimmer, more athletic body types.

Wearing my new ribbed tee v-neck today and it's easy to see why these get a lot of love.

Very soft. Very comfortable. And its movement is excellent. No bunching. Actually it's hard to even tell I'm wearing it.:thumbup1:

Banana Republic Tees are my absolute favorite T-shirts. They are incredibly soft and comfy, and lay well, and they hold up well too. I seldom buy anything from that store, but I once bought one of their T-shirts because I needed a nice looking black V-neck, and it quickly became my favorite. It help up well with frequent wear for years, so now I always buy them when I find my size on the sale rack. They are a bit vanity sized. I usually wear a large T-shirt, but I prefer the fit of the medium in Banana republic Ts.

+1. You nailed it on the head

I like the Stafford T-shirts from JC Penney. They are soft, keep their shape and most importantly they don't shrink up to my naval, which means they stay tucked in.
Same here, I used the Haynes for several years, then got tired of them shrinking and becoming too short. I have not had that problem with the Stafford, plus they are much longer out of the package than the Haynes and I like the extra length being 6'1"

I'm a devoted fan of the Alfani Red Slim Stretch undershirts from Macy's. The fabric is wonderfully soft, the fit is spectacular (long enough to stay tucked, slim, slimmer and higher armholes), holds up to many more launderings than the other brands I've tried (Hanes - meh, Merona - horrible, Calvin Klein - surprisingly bad). A little pricey (~$10/shirt) but so very worth it.

Boy I can't believe that no one has mentioned Soffee T-shirts. I fell in love with these shirts in the US Military, these are the undershirts we wear under our camouflage uniforms. They're 50% Cotton/ 50% Polyester, so they are flattering like a stretch shirt, but they have the comfort of cotton. Similar sweat wicking characteristics of Underarmor, but because they are stretchy the fibers kind of open up and the shirt feels like it breaths better than anything I've ever worn. They don't cling in the same way UA does when saturated with sweat. I wear navy blue almost exclusively, so I can't speak to how well the white holds up, but I'll give white a test run next time I order.

Edited for clarity. I had a four year old climbing on my lap in the first version of this.

Last edited:
I hated Soffee while wearing armor (for me, basically every single day) as the seams would cut into the skin too much.

I went with straight 100% cotton brown, then tan shirts and was fine.

Target has an exclusive on Hanes slim fit t's that are in my mind the best fitting for the money. You can order them online. They are tag less and keep their shape.

Target has an exclusive on Hanes slim fit t's that are in my mind the best fitting for the money. You can order them online. They are tag less and keep their shape.

I've used Hanes crew neck tees for awhile but at least on me they don't keep their shape for very long.

Top Bottom