What's new

Anyone Restore For The Public?

Does anyone re-knot brushes for the public?

I have an old Gillette Standard from the sixties and I am fond of the handle but it needs a new set of bristles.
Do any of the guys here offer such a service and what sort of prices am I lookin at?
Here is a photo of the brush.

proxy.php

Rudy Vey does outstanding work. I had an Ever Ready 500 brush that he didn't just restore; it is better than new. It has relegated my Essential to the back of the shave den.

You should drop him a line for prices and information. He is a long time member of the board, and I have met him personally several times. He is a gentleman in every sense of the word.

Rudy Vey does outstanding work. I had an Ever Ready 500 brush that he didn't just restore; it is better than new. It has relegated my Essential to the back of the shave den.

You should drop him a line for prices and information. He is a long time member of the board, and I have met him personally several times. He is a gentleman in every sense of the word.

Cool! I will search him out :) Thanks
Wp

I did my first rehab last night and it was a cinch! This brush is one of TGN less expensive Badger. I went inexpensive for my first attempt. I will be on to bigger and better. I used 5 minute epoxy that comes in package which looks like two syringes side by side this auto measures for perfect outcome. This little dude is a lather machine. Did last night and shaved with it this morning. Lots of tutorials on this forum. Go for it!!

Sent it off to Rudy Vey today :thumbup1:
I imagine it will be a work of art upon it's return and will go nicely with the Bull Mastiff made by Cooncatbob. I love Badger and Blade artistry!
Wp

Sent it off to Rudy Vey today :thumbup1:
I imagine it will be a work of art upon it's return and will go nicely with the Bull Mastiff made by Cooncatbob. I love Badger and Blade artistry!
Wp

Pic Rudy sent me today of my cleaned brush with the new knot sittin in it. Hope he doesn't mind me sharing the photo.

Very nice. I have restored about 7 vintage brushes myself. However, my Dremel was on loan to someone, so I sent my most recent EverReady to Rudy. He did a great job and his turnaround time was excellent.

Top Bottom