What's new

An enthusiastic novice looking for his 2nd straight

So I just recently got into straight razor shaving. I bought myself a dovo special 6/8 which I heard was a good entry level straight. I would first like to start by saying thanks to this forum for I've really been able to learn a lot before I even picked up the blade...although even with the knowledge I acquired here my first shave was nothing short of a bloodletting haha

As I embark further into the world of straight razor shaving I would like to acquire a nice secondary blade to add to my inevitable collection. Of what I read, the options of straight razors, vintage and new, are anything short of overwhelming. I was wondering if any of you gents could recommend to a novice shaver moving on to his second blade a good "next step" straight razor. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I have 2 Dovo 6/8ths razors, and 2 Thiers Issard Super Gnome 5/8ths... I prefer the TI's over the Dovo and the price is comparable.

Thanks! Do any of you guys know a good place to start looking for a Sheffield wedge? I am assuming the b/s/t, but are their any other companies, sites, etc where I could look? Thanks again for all the info, it is much appreciated :thumbup:

Top Bottom