What's new

Which Tonics Would You Like?

Which hair tonics would you most like to try?

• Pashana Bay Rum

• Pashana Blue Orchid

• Pashana Eau de Portugal

• Pashana Eau de Cologne

• Pashana Original Hair Lotion

• Pashana Brilliantine

• Luck Tiger Three Purpose

• Pinaud Clubman Greaseless

• Pinaude Eau de Quinine

• Pinaude Eau de Portugal

• Osage Rub

• Boosters Sage

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright Ladies and Germs,
This is both a blatant attempt at garnering more interest in my Hair Tonic Sampler split and an effort to perfect the list of items I'd like to offer in it since I haven't heard any differing suggestions just yet.

Pick as many as you'd like from the list, or offer opinions below. The sampler will probably be in the range of 9 or 10 items. Also, if you could, about how much might you be willing to spend on a Tonic sampler?

We're off to a good start, but we'll need to see more if this Buy is going to stay alive. C'mon gents, lets hear it!

By the way, just to get your cogs a turnin' some other possibilities I've heard are Jeris, Boosters Bear Oil, some of the other Pashana products, Dapper Dan's, and FOP Hair Pomade.

Not to de-rail your poll page, but I gotsta know... just what is a hair tonic?

Wikipedia says it softens the hair. Okay then.

But what is its real use? In what circumstances/styles would I use such a tonic?

The only thing I can think of would be the slick-back comb job that was very popular in the late-19th through the middle-20th century.

Are their other styles that benefit from tonic? What about thick, wavy hair, like my own?

But what is its real use? In what circumstances/styles would I use such a tonic?

The only thing I can think of would be the slick-back comb job that was very popular in the late-19th through the middle-20th century.

Are their other styles that benefit from tonic? What about thick, wavy hair, like my own?

I'm enjoying some DR Harris Eau de Portugal I happen to get, but I'm not exactly sure why I'm using it. I think my poll answer is all of the above!

For me it's mostly a matter of taming my hair and making it smell great. In general, there are two varieties of tonic, those with oils and those without. Those with oils can be used to style the hair, but will leave it shiny and wet looking. Those without it, which are the variety I've tried and like, condition the hair, make it soft and manageable, prevent frizziness and wild fly aways, but aren't great for styling. I have been using Jeris right out of the shower, and some Clubman regular gel and my hair looks and smells like the rug atop Zeus's very skull!

Oh, and everybody remember to add your name to the original thread if you want to be considered for the buy.

Last edited:
Still looking for some input guys and gals. We still need a few folks for this to be viable, but I'm very hopeful and think it'll be really fun for those involved.

There are still a couple of days left on this poll, so I'm going to bumb it ot see if we can't get a little more info, and maybe a few new people interested in joining the Group Buy

Top Bottom