What's new

Finished with the in-growns! New DE user

Hello,

So I've always wondered what the butterfly opening razor was that was always in my grandfathers bathroom. I played with it a little as a kid, luckily with no accidents.

I am Active Duty Air Force so therefore I shave everyday. I have struggled with in-growns on my neck for pretty much the duration of my career. Luckily my wife is a "picky" person and would pick them out for me. Sort of a personal time for us. lol. Anyways, I've decided the personal time is great but I really need a better shave. So I'm very excited to try the DE ways.

I'm deployed right now so I've had to internet my first purchases.

Merkur Model 38 Hd Classic
Derby Extra Blades
Tabac Original Shave Soap
VanDerHagen natural Brush (had it here in the BX)
Neutrogena Post Shave Lotion

Can't wait for it to get here and get going!

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

If you can get a razor blade sample pack, it would be great!

you're on your way! I had in-growns and bumps on my neck from the ages of 16 to 32, it wasn't til I switched to a DE last year that these things disappeared. as Luc said, get a blade sample pack, find the blade for you and enjoy your Merkur!

Welcome to B&B! I switched to DE to deal with ingrowns as well. I'm noticing a huge difference in the first couple months.

You'll notice a difference too.

GLTY,
Dave

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

You have some great gear on the way. Make sure to let us know how it works out.

Welcome to B&B. I always struggled with a lot of ingrowns too (except mine were on my cheeks), and using a DE seems to have cleared it up drasticly. Near the end of my cartridge shaving days its was a huge ritual to avoid them.

Top Bottom