What's new

Anyone Producing New Twist To Open Razors? (Besides Parker/Weishi?)

Just curious if there are any manufacturers out there besides Weishi and Parker that are making new twist to open razors. I have looked at most of the major shops and all of the brands appear to be three piece razors.

I don't know of anything higher end than Parker, but there are several other Chinese TTOs out there. Shave A Buck has some SABI models, and there are plenty of Chinese TTOs on eBay.

It's been said that the new 2010 head redesign done by Parker has yielded a far superior and more consistent product. I probably wouldn't hesitate to consider a 99R if I were looking for a new TTO.

Bob makes some of the finest custom and semi-custom handles for re-plated Gillette New, Old, and Tech heads... but I don't think he's building new TTOs.

Bob has taken damaged Knack's and Slim Twists, he removes there handles and puts his custom handle.

Last edited:
Bob makes some of the finest custom and semi-custom handles for re-plated Gillette New, Old, and Tech heads... but I don't think he's building new TTOs.

He makes new handles for old knack/slim twist razors, because the TTO mechanism is up at the top, and easier to put another handle on.

I thought I saw a Merkur TTO, but I am hearing things about their lack of quality control lately and the price is a bit high for you to deal with that. The Weishi I bought for my nephew seemed to be of high quality and worked well.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I belive that Feather has one? You may want to check CS.

Yes, the Feather Popular is a TTO.

Even though you're looking for new TTOs, if you consider looking at the older ones (Slims, Fatboys, etc...), you won't be disappointed. I'm loving my Slim.

Thanks for the replies. I currently have a Parker 96r, which is a fine razor for the $25 I spent but I would like to find something of just slightly higher quality.

Just sort of surprised with how well the old TTo's get in reception that there isn't a company out there at least making some nicer clones.

Thanks for the replies. I currently have a Parker 96r, which is a fine razor for the $25 I spent but I would like to find something of just slightly higher quality.

Just sort of surprised with how well the old TTo's get in reception that there isn't a company out there at least making some nicer clones.

They just can't compete on price - it would cost $100 to equal the performance for a superspeed that you can buy for $15.

Top Bottom