What's new

Vintage Avon find

saw a listing on my local craigslist yesterday for a lot of 20-25 of these. wonder if i should go grab it.. hmmmm:blink:

if anyone is looking for a specific one let me know. I just stumbled upon the motherload. I dont collect these.

OLD AVON DECANTERS
Model A, Fielders Choice, Bucking Bronco, Packard Roadster, The General 4

-4-0, Th Sure Winner Racing Car, Mount Vernon Plate With Soaps, Imari,

Seashell Decanter With Skin So Soft, Hana Gasa, Persian Wood, Frisky

Friends, Winchester, Snug Cub, Country Goose, Country Lantern, Stanley

Steamer Tai Winds, Stanley Steamer Wild Country, Bicentennial Plate With

Soaps, Spirit Of Saint Louis, 2 Side Wheelers Spice Aftershave, Rolls Royce,

Remember When Radio, White Lilac, Fire Fighter 1910, Cement Mixer, Liberty

Bell, Apple Blossom, Traveling Arbutus, Vantastic, Dune Buggy, Cable Car,

Devotee, 1876 Centennial Express, Remember When Gas Pump, Viking

Discovery, Traveling Arbutus, Faucets, Golden Bamboo Vase, Fluttering

Fancy, Revolutionary Cannon, Honeysuckle Spray, 1979 Anniversary

Keepsake,

Last edited:
Did some more antiquing today...

• English Bulldog Meerschaum Pipe (Wild Country, full)
  • Ten-Point Buck (Wild Country, 10% full)
  • Pot-Bellied Stove (Excalibur AS, full)
  • Horseshoe (Spicy AS, 90% full)
  • THE PRIZE: 1986 Centennial Statue of Liberty (Bold Spice AS, full)

Where does the A/S come out, does lady liberty unscrew from the base as a whole, or does just her head come off? :ohmy: Lots of other interesting bottles in this thread too.

The radiant lady pops right off her pedestal, which is the actual bottle. Disappointingly, it only contains 1.75 oz of the very nice-smelling Bold Spice. This one was new-in-box; the statue was actually still in a sealed plastic baggie until I "liberated" her for display, and the screw-top may never have been turned until my curious nose forced the issue. I'll soon be putting that juice to use!

Are all of these full?!?!?!?!

OLD AVON DECANTERS
Model A, Fielders Choice, Bucking Bronco, Packard Roadster, The General 4

-4-0, Th Sure Winner Racing Car, Mount Vernon Plate With Soaps, Imari,

Seashell Decanter With Skin So Soft, Hana Gasa, Persian Wood, Frisky

Friends, Winchester, Snug Cub, Country Goose, Country Lantern, Stanley

Steamer Tai Winds, Stanley Steamer Wild Country, Bicentennial Plate With

Soaps, Spirit Of Saint Louis, 2 Side Wheelers Spice Aftershave, Rolls Royce,

Remember When Radio, White Lilac, Fire Fighter 1910, Cement Mixer, Liberty

Bell, Apple Blossom, Traveling Arbutus, Vantastic, Dune Buggy, Cable Car,

Devotee, 1876 Centennial Express, Remember When Gas Pump, Viking

Discovery, Traveling Arbutus, Faucets, Golden Bamboo Vase, Fluttering

Fancy, Revolutionary Cannon, Honeysuckle Spray, 1979 Anniversary

Keepsake,

honestly hoosier i dont know, i would expect some full some not. i thought about driving to meet with thr person who has them for sale, if any BnB members wanted specific onesM I could buy them then ship, not looking to make any profit but just lend a hand. But i think the only way it would work is if I bought them all, listed exact details on each on on BST etc....doubtfull i will get to it

Nice! :thumbup1:

I've got another on the way but my son has already claimed it. :blink:

I will get some pictures though. It's one I remember my father having in the bathroom when I was young. :biggrin1:

And here it is, freshly refilled with a cheap, dollar store, Old Spice clone...
proxy.php

Last edited:
I really need to stop clicking on threads!:lol:

Who new there was a whole acquisition subset category: Avon Aftershave

I don't need this. I don't need AAAD.

The bottles are so corny but yet so perfect. They tug at nostalgia and just border on cool. I must buy some!:w00t:

:blushing:

Holy crap, they have a SS-looking decanter... I'm doomed

(which ones smell good?)

Last edited:
(which ones smell good?)

I have always liked Wild Country the best, I believe it might be the oldest continuously offered scent by Avon.
Spicey and Bay Rum were also good. Some of the late 70's-80's scents were not that pleasant to my nose but as always YMMV.

Have you seen the avon bottle that is in the shape of a safety razor?

That said you guys are going about this all wrong, you gotta keep this on the down low.... you are just going to drive the market prices up like we did with safety razors to begin with shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Wild Country was clearly the most successful fragrance, and it's not hard to find for sure. There was also a Wild Country Musk that I'm on the lookout for. Spicy and Bold Spice are great, and Deep Woods was another popular fragrance for quite a while. I like the smell of the Excalibur as well, but its a bit less accessible than those others.

I've kind of set some mission parameters in my collecting: I want the juice, and I don't want a lot of cars or trains. There were quite a few scents that I'd like to acquire: Blend 7, Brisk Spice, Cavalier, Everest, Granite, Island Lime, Leather, Oland, Seazone, Sure Winner, Tai Winds, Tribute, and Windjammer.

Found a full bottle of Tai Winds a couple years back. Use it rarely and get lots of "what's that you're wearing" questions from the ladeees. See my avatar for picture of the bottle. Had a chance to pick up other bottle styles buy passed on the opportunity. Wish I hadn't.

I found all sorts of these on my travels this weekend. Only ended up with a couple. I really like the scent of WindJammer!

I can play this game:

Filled with Everest AS. When I was in Pensacola a few weeks ago, I ran across what might have been the entire Chess set of Avon. I did not buy them. I wonder if there was ever some catalog of all the Avon bottles?

-jim

Top Bottom