What's new

Vintage Avon find

I know there are fans of Avon products here so I thought I'd share. Found this full bottle of Spicy for, as you can see, the princely sum of $1.50 at a Goodwill store. If you look closely you can see the layer of dust still visible. The screw off lid was so tight I wasn't sure it would even come off without breaking it.

The piece of tape has some writing on it that I can't make out, possibly from a yard sale many years ago.

Smells great! Very similar to Old Spice, maybe just a tad less strong.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I love finding them with the after shave still in them, and at a price like that I just have to say I definetly would have snatched it too. I never find them under 6 usually.

When I was just a wee lad, I used to think all those fancy bottles on the barber's shelf must contain pure liquid magic. :001_cool:

I just picked this one up last week, full and still in the box...
proxy.php

BONUS: It smells awesome!

Very nice! I've found a few empty Wild Country decanters, I remember using it back in probably the 80's.

When I was just a wee lad, I used to think all those fancy bottles on the barber's shelf must contain pure liquid magic. :001_cool:

I just picked this one up last week, full and still in the box...
proxy.php

BONUS: It smells awesome!

OK, this is getting fun now. Yesterday evening found two more at local thrift stores. The Whale Oil Lamp is full up to the top row of beads, 85-90% I'd guess, with Wild Country and you can see the level of Oland in the chess piece. Not really sure I care for the Oland scent but for $1 I couldn't pass it up. The Wild Country was setting with several empty Avon decanters priced at $1.49, not really sure why it was only 69 cents.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice! :thumbup1:

I've got another on the way but my son has already claimed it. :blink:

I will get some pictures though. It's one I remember my father having in the bathroom when I was young. :biggrin1:

I'm inspired to hit the antique shops here in Braselton now. I've hit two so far, and I grabbed this fun decanter full of Wild Country. Fore!

Top Bottom