Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage Avon find

Wow ,nice.Spicy is one of the avon's that I don't have.One day I'll pick up some.

The old avon products are really underrated.After looking at prices on the bay I really wish I had ordered a lot of Triumph in the 80's.

Images

I just went through the thread, and I'm not sure I saw an example of this bottle, which I found a couple of days ago. It's full of Spicy.

-David

Australia? Visit the Great Southern Land!

WWHLD?

Wake me up when Laphroaig releases an aftershave.
    Need help? PM a Mod!

Images

I've seen several of those mini Pony Post decanters (and a few of the full-size ones also), but they've always been empty for me. Good one, David!
    John - ALPHA Team founding member (Faceman)

John, here's a couple pictures of my race car, and as you can see it has 5.5 ounces of Wild Country. It doesn't have a sticker on the bottom of the decanter like most of them do.

Tom--- Founding member of The ALPHA Team!
    If laughter is the best medicine then why do sick people go to doctors instead of comedians?

Images

Thanks Tom! I've updated my post for future reference. Mine's definitely Spicy (just double-checked the scent against a known example, to be certain).

Images

I just ordered a boxed racing car off ebay. I'll let you know what is in mine when it arrives.

AASAD. That is all I need....

For the record, what do you guys think is the nicest AS Avon made? I've only smelt Spicy and Wild Country so far.
    -David

WWHLD?

Need help? PM a Mod!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    I just ordered a boxed racing car off ebay. I'll let you know what is in mine when it arrives.

For the record, what do you guys think is the nicest AS Avon made? I've only smelt Spicy and Wild Country so far.
    Be careful, VA-ASAD is a time and space-consuming malady!

I almost never pass up a nice big bottle of Tai Winds or Everest, even if I've already got the duplicate, so I guess those are my favorites. But I also love Deep Woods, and I've got it well-stocked also.

No disrespect to Spicy, Wild Country, Brisk Spice and Island Lime, which never fail to make me happy. To be fair, I guess you can say I like them all, when the mood strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post

The only one I haven't liked is Oland. Spicy is my favorite because I'm such a fan of Old Spice, Tai Winds is probably second favorite.
    If laughter is the best medicine then why do sick people go to doctors instead of comedians?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierTrooper View Post
    The only one I haven't liked is Oland. Spicy is my favorite because I'm such a fan of Old Spice, Tai Winds is probably second favorite.
    Ditto to all of that!
    ~~ KJ ~~ "Spider-Man" ~~ "VEZ" ~~
    Father - Freemason - Tarantula Wrangler - Snake Charmer - Perhaps you've heard of me?
    ALPHA Team - AMWAY - Bootleggers - Noble Knight - SABRE - WISE Man

Images

Oland has to rank tops as one of the strangest smelling Aftershaves/ Colognes I have run across. It's total smoky weirdness.

It might be out ranked by Tom Ford Amber Absolute though; for the simple fact that I am mystified as to why anyone would pay $100's of dollars per bottle for something that to me smells like freshly sawed 2x4's. lol.
    ~~JOHN~~*Founding member of ALPHA Team*

Images

I must agree that Íland is an "acquired taste." I wasn't sold on it at first, but I enjoy it now. Because the wife absolutely LOVES it. Go figure.

It's one of the "brave" fragrances Avon used to do, before they pretty much settled into the highly-accessible and inoffensive groove. I'd put Bravo and Blue Blazer in this category also.

I really like Oland,but it is a scent that varies from bottle to bottle quite a bit.Pretty much all of the vintage avon stuff is inoffensive at the least.

Found a flea market that had a bunch of full Avon decanters, settled on just these three because several had Wild Country which I already have gallons of. The Abe Lincoln is Wild Country but it was the only one there. The Straight Eight is full of Island Lime and the unmarked car is full of Tai Winds. $.95 for each car and $.75 for ole Honest Abe.

Images

Man, Tom, you find the deals!! I had to raid eBay to find the Straight Eight with Island Lime....

Your "unmarked car" is the REO Speedwagon (check the front grille).

You're correct, it is an REO Speedwagon, thanks John. I also found this OS mug and brush at the same place for $7, another thing I'm constantly on the lookout for.

Images

John, here's a couple pictures of my race car, and as you can see it has 5.5 ounces of Wild Country. It doesn't have a sticker on the bottom of the decanter like most of them do.
    Quote Originally Posted by man00ver View Post
    Thanks Tom! I've updated my post for future reference. Mine's definitely Spicy (just double-checked the scent against a known example, to be certain).
    My racing car just arrived! Mine is full of windjammer, so that's great. Now I have three different Avon AS's.

-David

WWHLD?

Need help? PM a Mod!

Images

Windjammer is a good one too, David (I just used it on Saturday); nice and mild.
    Those slick-looking racing cars are popping up all over the place here! I'm quite surprised I hadn't found one before now...

I got mine from B&B member the beav. I've seen a couple empty ones in the wild but no full ones. Windjammer is a great scent, don't see it too often.

Found several bottles this weekend, all full except for I think just the Harp. All with boxes besides the red camping lantern. If any interest you gents, PM me. I paid a couple bucks each, no need to profit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0015.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	244980
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0018.JPG  

Images

Nice, Willy! What's in 'em?