What's new

Vintage Avon find

I've got some Avon stuff that's not what I would consider old. Should I do a PIF? Going to bed now, kinda restless as I have a job review tomorrow morning. Remind me to get this started, and maybe one of you guys could help me learn more about doing a PIF, as I never have done one before. Thanks for the camaraderie ,
I've done a couple (getting ready to do another) they're easy and they make you feel so good.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Waiting on my latest eBay purchase to arrive. Island Lime in a straight eight decanter. Hope it smells as good as the Vez sez it duz...

I stopped at a flea market today and brought home another 2 dozen for 50 cents each. It's mostly Wild Country, but did get some Spicy, Deep Woods, Tai Winds, Windjammer, Tribute, Everest, Blend 7,and Leather. Highlights include the Beer Mug and a 53 Skylark complete with the sticker sheet. So I get to pretend I'm a kid again and play with some stickers!:thumbup:

Here's a pic of yesterday's haul and a close up of the Skylark. Three of the bottles turned out to be empty, but I think I still came out alright. :wink2:

Attachments

• $DSCF9001.jpg
    $DSCF9001.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 98
  • $DSCF9003.jpg
    $DSCF9003.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 97
Troy, that skylark is legit! Definitely one of the nicer car bottles I've seen. He's to beet at 50 cents per bottle. When my bottles are empty, I just decant either Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum or Dollar store knockoff Brut into them.

Thanks guys! The guy said he had been lugging these around for 3 years. He had started them a $3 each, and was down to $1 last year and had only sold a few here and there. I grabbed all the men's ones he had other than a few I noticed were empty and in rough shape. He seemed pretty happy that he wasn't going to have to load them back up again.

Picked these up today. The sea turtle is full of Field Flowers cologne, and the Coleman Lantern is empty, but had Wild Country in it. Picked up all the razors from one single dealer at the same antique mall. Pretty good day antiquing, I gotta say! Lol!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Nice, I like the lantern. I've seen it a few times, but never in my price range. Great razors too, that Super speed looks like the 58 TV special.:thumbup1:

Good eye on the SS, Troy! It is, indeed the TV Special. First one I've seen in the wild, despite many years of collecting. Alas, it was a loose razor, but had to snag it anyway!

finally getting around to posting my recent acquisitions. The penny has about 50% of excalibur, which I'm not super fond of. The Rugger, Bay Rum and White Lilac were 100%, although I've used quite a bit of the BR. Right now it's a toss up between Avon Bay Rum or Captain's Choice. I might start mixing them.
$20160624_182708.jpg$excalibur.jpg

Hunting today

proxy.php

The bell is full of Oland Cologne. Smells very nice.

The mail box is half full of wild country.

The DE is empty but once had spicy

Top Bottom