What's new

Vintage Avon find

Thanks that makes 2 full and 1 1/4 that was 1/2 full when I got it. Now I feel like I have enough to start using it more often.:thumbup:
Avon's lime is also among the best. It smells the most natural, and lasts the longest of the limes I've tried.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just yesterday I got a recent eBay purchase in the mail, an Avon Tai Winds AS Cologne combo that looks like a pair of binoculars. 4 oz. of each. $8.00 and free shipping. Very satisfied. My wife on the other hand would rather I not spend so "much" on my new hobby, lol!

Just yesterday I got a recent eBay purchase in the mail, an Avon Tai Winds AS Cologne combo that looks like a pair of binoculars. 4 oz. of each. $8.00 and free shipping. Very satisfied. My wife on the other hand would rather I not spend so "much" on my new hobby, lol!

I just passed that one up at an antique store last weekend. Kinda wish I'd snagged it, but I really don't need any more, lol.

Having never seen one before I was quick to grab up the one I found, especially being NOS and still wrapped. I must say, Tai Winds is an amazing scent, and there's pretty well no burny after shave bite to it. Very nice!

FarmerTan

I just passed that one up at an antique store last weekend. Kinda wish I'd snagged it, but I really don't need any more, lol.

Yes, from what I've read of your comments my wife MIGHT think that you have a bigger problem than I....

You can always use me as the, "See, I don't have as much as that guy!"

*sigh* After my last purchase of Avon stuff, if I even begin to get near a part of an Antique store that has something that even looks like an Avon decanter, I get the deathstare from the wife. One thing nice though, is there is so much now that if I do find something cool and it accidently comes home with me, it can go into the hoar... err 'collection' and never be noticed! :thumbup:

$image.jpg

First vintage avon, picked up at a flea market this morning. 2/3 full of wild country. Funny how that happens as I just stumbled across this thread last night and had never considered vintage aftershave as a thing.

Avon made over 300 different decanters. Once you get an eye for the different styles of decanters, you'll start seeing these things everywhere.

I stopped at a garage sale today. They had a couple of different bottles marked at $7-10 each, but I found this one sitting on a different table for 25 cents.:thumbup:

Attachments

• $DSCF8947.jpg
    $DSCF8947.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 60
Yea, I splashed a little on my wrist and hit a few more garage sales. I didn't find anything else, but did enjoy sniffing it. Can't wait for tomorrow morning to really splash some on.

FarmerTan

I've got some Avon stuff that's not what I would consider old. Should I do a PIF? Going to bed now, kinda restless as I have a job review tomorrow morning. Remind me to get this started, and maybe one of you guys could help me learn more about doing a PIF, as I never have done one before. Thanks for the camaraderie ,

I've got some Avon stuff that's not what I would consider old. Should I do a PIF? Going to bed now, kinda restless as I have a job review tomorrow morning. Remind me to get this started, and maybe one of you guys could help me learn more about doing a PIF, as I never have done one before. Thanks for the camaraderie ,

What stuff do you have? Check the PIF link in my signature for more info.

Top Bottom