What's new

Vintage Avon find

Surprisingly, Spicy had menthol, apparently. Found this in an antique shop a few minutes ago. At $12.50, it got left behind, though.

proxy.php
This does not surprise me as I could always feel a light touch of menthol when using Avon Spicy. It's good to know for sure, though!

I've added a few in the past month$wm_original_bullet_everest_saddle_leather_original.jpg$wm_original_empty_brushes_original.jpg$wm_original_guitar_wild_country_original.jpg$wm_original_keg_with_spicy_original.jpg$wm_original_wild_country_soap_and_comb_original.jpg
The saddle, bullet, guitar and keg were all full (Leather, Everest, Wild country and Spicy respectively) the brushes empty but will soon be filled with something by Pinaud I shouldn''t imagine. the soap is Wild Country and the mustache comb is in use. it is really top notch compared to the cheap ones from a pharmacy.

I've added a few in the past month
The saddle, bullet, guitar and keg were all full (Leather, Everest, Wild country and Spicy respectively) the brushes empty but will soon be filled with something by Pinaud I shouldn''t imagine. the soap is Wild Country and the mustache comb is in use. it is really top notch compared to the cheap ones from a pharmacy.
That soap and mustache comb are so cool, Congrats!

Latest antique store find. $1.00 George Washington bottle of Tribute Aftershave
I haven't found Trubute before so I'm not sure about the scent but for a buck what the heck try it,
$IMG_20160507_135221337.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just got in the mail an old 1962 vintage Avon Bay Rum on eBay for $11 shipped. Dang near had to get the cap off with a blow torch, but it was worth it. It was full, and smells pretty good.

Don't have photos, but I got a copper penny in box with Excalibur and a three pack 1981 anniversary including Bay Rum, Ruggers and White Lilac.

So, I picked up some new stuff and I'll be delving into them with photos soon. First was a copper penny decanter with a small amount of Excalibur inside. I haven't tried the Excalibur, but I'm not really mad about the scent. The I got 3 1981 commemorative decanters of White Lilac (listed as a ladies scent, but very similar to the Veg), Bay Rum which is absolutely marvelous, and Rugger which smells a bit like Special Reserve with a metallic edge.

I picked these up at a little flea market on the way home from work yesterday.

The Red Sentinel (firetruck) is full of Deep Woods also full of the matching talc
Breaker 19 full of Wild Country
Dune Buggy full of Spicy
Vantastic half full of Everest
Straight Eight full of Island Lime :thumbup:

I had to go to my limit of $3 for the firetruck, the rest were $1 each.

Attachments

• $DSCF8928.jpg
    $DSCF8928.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 66
I picked these up at a little flea market on the way home from work yesterday.

The Red Sentinel (firetruck) is full of Deep Woods also full of the matching talc
Breaker 19 full of Wild Country
Dune Buggy full of Spicy
Vantastic half full of Everest
Straight Eight full of Island Lime :thumbup:

I had to go to my limit of $3 for the firetruck, the rest were $1 each.
Nice, especially finding a full Island Lime.

I picked up a 1981 anniversary edition bay rum at an antique shop. $3, not sure if I'm going to use it. It smells wonderful though.

Top Bottom