What's new

Vintage Avon find

Found this bottle at a thrift store. Being a Truck Driver I couldn't resist. It's about 3/4 full of WILD COUNTRY aftershave.

That's the great thing about Avon Decanters. They made well over 300 different decanters. Chances are you'll find something that matches your hobby, your job, your first car, or some other sort of personal nemory. That's how I started collecting them.

Saw this in an antique/flea market the other day - took a pic - the tag said Avon, but I didn't see the word anywhere on the bottle so IDK. I didn't buy if because I don't have any fan affiliation with either team. Not to mention that I didn't even see that Superbowl beacuse I was in the "sandbox" for Desert Shield/Storm.

$image.jpg
$image.jpg

Not in the glass, but there would be a sticker on the bottom that's says Avon, the name of the scent, and (usually) the name of the decanter.

Today's flea-market excusion yielded yet another Coleman - this time, nearly full of Deep Woods cologne!

$ac.jpg

willie
on the Avon-hunting Gulf of Mexico

My wife saw me looking at this pair and had them on the "Watch" list. I didn't know that she had won them. I liked them mostly because they reminded me of my Brother, he died of a heart attack several years ago. He loved his old jeep and would collect all types of jeep items.
Both seem to be close to full with " SPICY " after shave. I plan a giving one to my Father and keeping the other for myself.

$avon 001.jpg

My wife saw me looking at this pair and had them on the "Watch" list. I didn't know that she had won them. I liked them mostly because they reminded me of my Brother, he died of a heart attack several years ago. He loved his old jeep and would collect all types of jeep items.
Nice. Avon made 4 different Jeep decanters, I think. I have all but one of them. I miss my Jeep. I'll get another one eventually. It's great to find a piece like that, that can give you a nice memory. I have a few that do that as well.

Top Bottom