What's new

Vintage Avon find

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408505585.468818.jpg

Here Are my vitage finds....That Spiced Rum barrel Is full...as well as the shaving brush and i have three Barber Poles...one with Hair tonic one empty and one with Aftershave (unused)$BayBarrel.jpg$Avon AS Brush.jpg

I prefer to find them in the wild. It is much more fun that way. But, unfortunately the scents that I'm after right now are very hard to find in the wild (Enough with the Wild Country already! How much of this stuff did they brew anyway?) I have no shame in scouring eBay or etsy to find the scents that I need. I just don't get as good of a deal as if I were to find them in the wild.

Ebay , Amazon and Garage sales are good for this stuff.

It seems odd but I've never seen any of this at garage sales. But I've seen boxes and boxes of it at estate sales and flea markets (which seem to be a lot of clean outs)

I recall once my wife and I stumbled on a Avon dealer's estate sale. Rooms filled with Avon and not a single aftershave. When did they stop making the collectible aftershaves?

-jim

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
True, I get really dissappointed when I find a bottle I want, turn it over, and realize it is full of wild country. I have so much of that juice, my grandkids will be using it. I just gave a bottle to my dad, because he just finished his bottle that he got as a gift in the 70s! (He only uses it as a cologne, for special occasions).

I'm on the hunt for Everest, Sea Zone, Brisk Spice, Cool Sage, Light Musk, Blue Blazer, and Bay Rum.

I am always on the hunt for Everest... Addicted.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Here Are my vitage finds....That Spiced Rum barrel Is full...as well as the shaving brush and i have three Barber Poles...one with Hair tonic one empty and one with Aftershave (unused)View attachment 489262View attachment 489263

Nice bottles nmerth. Looks like you need the giant DE Razor bottle to make the complete set. While I love all vintage Avon juice, I am not a collector of the bottles, so I transfer the juice into empty hot sauce bottles and get rid of the decanter bottles.

If you would like a PIF to complete your set, PM me. :)

I love Tai Winds, I got stocked up and it is my date and anniversary scent. I sneak some on for other special occasions like Weddings. I had a brides maid flirt with me last time I wore it.

My hall for the day. Tai Winds cologne. Century bush. (The bottom of the handle is marbled. Kinda neat looking.) Vintage Williams soap. $18
Nice haul! You did well.

I love Tai Winds, I got stocked up and it is my date and anniversary scent.
I've said it before, but Tai Winds is my absolute favorite. I've stocked up too. No idea how much I have, but it is a LOT. I definitely don't wear it as much as I should.

Top Bottom