What's new

Vintage Avon find

A few months back, I posted about starting to clean out my Avon-lady grandmothers home for sale, and finding a bunch of stuff. Here is a portion of today's haul. All are brand new, in original boxes. There are probably another 50-60 bottles/boxes there for the picking.

Anyone see anything particularly interesting? She was an Avon lady from the mid-60's through to the late 90's. Anything in particular I should look for next time I'm there?

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 154
A few months back, I posted about starting to clean out my Avon-lady grandmothers home for sale, and finding a bunch of stuff. Here is a portion of today's haul. All are brand new, in original boxes. There are probably another 50-60 bottles/boxes there for the picking.

Anyone see anything particularly interesting? She was an Avon lady from the mid-60's through to the late 90's. Anything in particular I should look for next time I'm there?

I'm partial to the Everest, Spicy, Island Lime, Excalibur, Oland, and Deep Woods scents, so that is what I look for. The bottles are fun, but I see so much Wild Country, I generally leave them behind, unless the bottle is cool. That said, I would grab all you can and sort them out later.

The bottles are fun, but I see so much Wild Country, I generally leave them behind, unless the bottle is cool.

True, I get really dissappointed when I find a bottle I want, turn it over, and realize it is full of wild country. I have so much of that juice, my grandkids will be using it. I just gave a bottle to my dad, because he just finished his bottle that he got as a gift in the 70s! (He only uses it as a cologne, for special occasions).

I'm on the hunt for Everest, Sea Zone, Brisk Spice, Cool Sage, Light Musk, Blue Blazer, and Bay Rum.

There was a LOT of Wild Country there, but I saw some Everest, Spicy, Clint, and Oland for certain. I've not personally tried any of them yet, but will in the coming days. In the bottle, I'm liking Spicy I think... Didn't see any bay rum, but really hope to find some on my next visit (probably late August).

Not trying to break the B&B TOU, but if anyone is interested in something in particular, feel free to drop me a PM. There's enough here to last two lifetimes, and I'd love to see it in the hands of people that appreciate it! If this offer is out of line, I'll gladly remove it.

my mom and sister went garage sale shopping the other day and found this for me!

Avon Wild Country in a '51 Studebaker decanter! I'm not too wild about the scent of it but I am going to use it anyways so I can put some other aftershaves in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wild Country is Avon's copy of Pinaud Clubman. They are very close.

I never looked at it like that, but I can see the similarities. I do like vintage Wild Country. I had to splash some on just now. I've heard that the current juice is not the same, can anyone speak to that?

my mom and sister went garage sale shopping the other day and found this for me!

Avon Wild Country in a '51 Studebaker decanter! I'm not too wild about the scent of it but I am going to use it anyways so I can put some other aftershaves in it.

Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have to take back what I said about being iffy on the scent of wild country. After liberally applying some after shaving today I have to say I rather enjoy the masculine powdery scent. Could anyone tell me just how similar this scent is to clubman?

Top Bottom