What's new

Vintage Avon find

Been a while since I've been out looking for Avon, but found a few this week.

First is the "Sea Trophy". Unfortunately part of the nose is broken off.

proxy.php

I also found 2 more Avon Pipes this week. The Uncle Sam Pipe and the Pony Express Rider Pipe.

proxy.php

Went to an estate sale last Saturday and found an empty Avon Pipe bottle, but I didn't buy it. I did, however, find a full bottle of Shulton Old Spice in an NFL football shaped bottle. The pictures that were posted for the sale showed a standard Buoy Old Spice bottle, but it was gone by the time I got there.

$IMG_0002.jpg

Last edited:
Went to an estate sale last Saturday and found an empty Avon Pipe bottle, but I didn't buy it. I did, however, find a full bottle of Shulton Old Spice in an NFL football shaped bottle. The pictures that were posted for the sale showed a standard Buoy Old Spice bottle, but it was gone by the time I got there.

That is a cool find! Never saw OS in the football bottle.

Legion

Staff member
Thought I'd post this, after a conversation with one of the guys. Seems the labels are different depending on the region. Early 70's (?) green Spicy Apothecary bottle from Oz.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tai Winds is still my favorite along with Wild Country but I scored 2 unopened woody truck decanters of it off Amazon 2 years ago. I use it only for date nights with the wife and Holidays.

Found the shave brush bottle empty and a full bottle of the Barrel Bay rum for 5 bucks. Is this aftershave still usable?

Thats the test, smell it. Last year I got a bottle of Wild Country, in a bottle shaped like a race car. Smelled awful. I suspect it sat out somewhere that got alot of sun.

I also bough a bottle shaped like a DE razor, filled with Spicy.... and it smells nothing like Spicy, just a remnant of Spicy, so I suspect the same thing happend to it. I suggest you only buy full bottles of Avon A/S that are in the dark brown bottles. Assuming you intend to use them. If you are collecting for the bottles only, then have at it.

I've since lost somehow the red plaid thermos I had, probably because it was very small. But I do still have a lantern I've held onto for many years, still even has the Coleman sticker on the base.

Top Bottom