What's new

Vintage Avon find

Did some more antiquing today...

• English Bulldog Meerschaum Pipe (Wild Country, full)
  • Ten-Point Buck (Wild Country, 10% full)
  • Pot-Bellied Stove (Excalibur AS, full)
  • Horseshoe (Spicy AS, 90% full)
  • THE PRIZE: 1986 Centennial Statue of Liberty (Bold Spice AS, full)

I remember getting the Horseshoe one back in the late 1970's and early 1980's for either my birthday or as a stocking stuffer at Christmas. One of my Grandma's was big on buying the boys and men AS for the holidays.

Does anyone have the Avon bottle that looks like a shave brush?

Yep, I do! And it was made in my birthyear, so double bonus!
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome indeed, Vez. Glad I was able to find the shaving brush decanter today (although it only has a few splashes of Wild Country left; I have more of that to put in it, fortunately). I also got a nice pheasant about 40% full of Oland AS, which I tried out tonight (a little perfumy for my taste, but it's pretty nice after it dries down a bit). But the find of the day was a Paul Revere Bell chock full of "Clint" AS (1975)! I thought it'd be a little tougher to track down that scent.

I own these two bottles of vintage Avon Bay Rum. They look great and the aftershave still smells wonderful.

The first is based on the original bottle from 1908:
proxy.php

The second is a rum jug:
proxy.php

I own these two bottles of vintage Avon Bay Rum. They look great and the aftershave still smells wonderful.

The first is based on the original bottle from 1908:

The second is a rum jug:

I've seen that vintage booze of yours before, Chris. It will be mine someday...oh, yes...it will be mine.... :sneaky2:

Picked up three more this afternoon. Full bottle of Spicy for $2, the car feels full, but it's hard to tell for sure, of Deep Woods for $4.50 and the chess piece is full of deep Woods for $1. The Spicy bottle is interesting, I don't recall seeing any like it. The address on the back of the label doesn't have a zip code so I'm wondering if this was bottled before 1963.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Nice ones guys. Ive yet to see any Clint. And Bay Rum is very hard to find in the wild.

I used the Clint today. For those who wonder, it smells almost exactly like Aramis, but performs a bit better on the face IMO.

For those who, like me, appreciate the Burt Reynolds (or, I suppose, Clint Eastwood) vibe, this is recommended if available. I'm not sure Chuck Norris would wear it, though. :lol:

This week, I went a little crazy at the antique stores:

• Starter Whistle - Tai Winds AS (70% full)
  • Water Pump w/detachable shoehorn handle - Leather AS (full)
  • 1936 MG w/box - Blend 7 AS (full)
  • THE BIG ONE: 8 oz. Keg - Avon Bay Rum AS (full!!)
Plus a few other irresistable vintage items that refused to be left out of the picture. :blush:

Top Bottom