What's new

Vintage Avon find

Maybe it's just me, but seeing pictures of all that Avon sitting on the shelf in a store, not being purchased, and not going home to become part of someone's shave den... Makes me really sad. :sad:

Maybe it's just me, but seeing pictures of all that Avon sitting on the shelf in a store, not being purchased, and not going home to become part of someone's shave den... Makes me really sad. :sad:

Didn't want to do that, but to show other folks how much there is out there - just got to go hunting.

You would have gone nuts over the one that I showed in the first pic (with the razor decanter). They are long gone now, but there were two shelfs full - and I believe there was more in the back - most if not all boxes were there, full containers and most around $3. A vendor had failed to pay their rent and the shop was selling off the stuff that the vendor had left behind.

I thought about buying them just to sell back at cost here, but the shipping wouldn't make it a good deal for anyone.

-jim

Yesterday I picked up a brown glass Steamboat decanter full of Spicy and an opaque dark brown glass Model A full of Tribute ,I think .It was unlabelled but smells very close to my clear glass George Washington Decanter of Tribute.A little "darker" smelling than the GW decanter,maybe the differences in the glass kept one slightly more true to the original production scent.The Spicy is a scent that I did not have in my collection but it is very nice.I may slap some on today.

found a 55 chevy with wild country. it was 10 bucks but i just thought it was too cool to pass up. if it wasnt full and had the box i would have. i just like hte way the plastic top fits on the car and its prob one of my favorite color combos on an older car.

who can name the razors in the back ground?

Attachments

• $IMG_3490.jpg
    $IMG_3490.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 175
Nice finds everyone. My wife, the other day, found a Captains Pride bottle filled with Windjammer and brought it home. I think she paid $3 for it.

who can name the razors in the back ground?
Blue lady, single ring, super speed, slim.

But more importantly, nice car! I have the same one and I gave to say it is pretty unique. Not many Avon bottles had that kind of finish. No worries about spending that much on a bottle. I've spent that much and more on bottles I really wanted to have.

Blue lady, single ring, super speed, slim.

But more importantly, nice car! I have the same one and I gave to say it is pretty unique. Not many Avon bottles had that kind of finish. No worries about spending that much on a bottle. I've spent that much and more on bottles I really wanted to have.

yea i think it may be the coolest one i have.

AVON Thunderbird '55 Wild Country After Shave
I did not buy this on e-bay, it was given to me on my 16th birthday in 1971.
It has only been opened a couple of times just to smell.
I can't believe I have kept this all those years, but if you do the math, I too, was born in '55.

Question: Should I go ahead and use it, or leave it full?

regards,
Bil
View attachment 301945

Use it. Vintage wild country is plentiful and cheap. You can always find another full decanter and refill your thunderbird.

Legion

Staff member
I might have to hand in my A Team membership card. I found a full car, Windjammer, with box on Saturday, but didn't buy it. It was over $20, and I was already spending too much on other stuff.

On the plus side, I did walk away with a cool pipe.

Top Bottom