What's new

Vintage Avon find

Every one says Wild Country smells like Clubman...I don't get it.WC is musk and powder.Clubman is floral and powder.Avon Windjammer is close to Clubman although there is a licorice backnote in Windjammer and the longevity is not as good as Clubman.WC is it's own creature.IMO

Avon products are at the least inoffensive, some are very nice,most have some nice moisturizing abilities.Well worth the money,esp if found in a thrift store.Have fun with the great variety that is out there.

I've gotten to where I won't give more than $2-4 for Avon bottles that are full. I know I can find them for that price or less, so I've learned to be patient and leave higher priced bottles where they are. I have the best luck finding them in antique malls or small Mom and Pop antique shops, especially the ones that have too much stuff in them with hardly any room to move around. Happy hunting!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I'd be curious to see pictures of those decanters that don't have a cap on top of the bottle. Are they holding the liquid fine? Is there a stopper? I reckon a few pictures with the cap off could be great to see how they look without them.

I'd be curious to see pictures of those decanters that don't have a cap on top of the bottle. Are they holding the liquid fine? Is there a stopper? I reckon a few pictures with the cap off could be great to see how they look without them.
Most, if not all, of the Avon bottles have a regular cap, with a removable decorative piece that fits on the cap.

Most, if not all, of the Avon bottles have a regular cap, with a removable decorative piece that fits on the cap.
What mmack66 said. They all have aftershave in them, though I've refilled some with scents of my own choosing, as they were empty when I found them. I've even taken a couple on road trips with no leaking issues.

This is another great thread here. Some amazing pictures. My mom used to sell Avon, but has nothing left at home. I'll be on the lookout for some of these at antique/thrift shops.

Luc

Staff member

What mmack66 said. They all have aftershave in them, though I've refilled some with scents of my own choosing, as they were empty when I found them. I've even taken a couple on road trips with no leaking issues.

Right, if I have a look at the cars, as an example, where's the cap? When opened, do you need to hold the decanter until you put the cap back on?

Right, if I have a look at the cars, as an example, where's the cap? When opened, do you need to hold the decanter until you put the cap back on?
No, they were designed to stand upright without the cap on. The boxes even have illustrations on how to set them down.

Luc

Staff member
I guess then the Jaguar and Cord could be classified as having a disadvantage then...

Wildcounty is my all time favorite. I love their AS Balm, AS and Colone.

Im a fan too... the only 2 I have are pictured below (swan is unopened, Kegger is 1/4 full)

though I also have a 1965 corvette stingray en route.... LOVE these old Avon bottles!

$wild country avon.jpg

Top Bottom