What's new

Vintage Avon find

Wow, looking through these posts, about every third page actually, I recognize a goodly portion of these bottles. Some I actually had at one point as a kid. My Mom was buds with an Avon rep. The long low Cadillac for one. What's strange is I can't recall the fragrance at all. Obviously I wish I would have kept some of them. But, too many moves and too long ago, sigh. Speaking of birth quarters, been thinking of getting me a TTO or something reasonable in a C-1, just for THOI.

Just picked up a gold cadillac decanter full of Excalibur.A scent that I did not have,seems to be a light Clint/Oland with a bit of Tributes spiciness thrown in.Odd but nice.

Just picked up a gold cadillac decanter full of Excalibur.A scent that I did not have,seems to be a light Clint/Oland with a bit of Tributes spiciness thrown in.Odd but nice.

That's a pretty good one, UL, if not an absolute standout. I get citrus (lavender?), wood, and spice from it. Similar to Tribute, for sure. It might be a Yardley knockoff, certainly the name suggests that. It's mild compared to Clint or Öland, though, and doesn't have the dry leather of the former or the smoky/dirty vibe of the latter, for me.

Picked up a new one today, this decanter full of Tribute AS with a picture of George Washington for a buck. It's kind of cool that his picture is visible when looking at the front and back of the bottle.

Front view:

proxy.php

Back view:

proxy.php

Bottom:

proxy.php

Tom, that one came in George & Abe. And it, looks like your topper is broken. Here's mine:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
All the good avon scents have been discontinued. Tai Winds is is an oriental citrus/musk/spice blend which is supposed to be a knock off of Hai Karate.

Picked up a Pheasant decanter with Oland, an Pot-Belly Stove decanter with Excalibur, and a Solid Gold Cadillac decanter with Excalibur at a garage sale. All aftershaves. I like both scents a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been looking TOO hard lately, but still, it's been a while since I saw anything worth collecting. But this time my regular new-product Avon lady at the monthly antique show actually found some vintage items to sell me. $30 for the lot, all full:

proxy.php

Musk Marine 3.4oz Cologne Spray (current product, bought to complete the set of hair/body wash, ASC and deodorant I already have)
"No Cause for Alarm" 4oz Tai Winds AS
"'31 Greyhound" 5oz Everest AS
"Pipe Decanter" 2oz Spicy AS
"Abraham Lincoln" 6oz Tai Winds AS
"Sterling Six II" 7oz Tai Winds AS
"Sure Winner Racing Car" 5.5oz Spicy AS

The oddball: Lantern Decanter, 6oz Shulton Old Spice AS!
It's a bit hard to find around these parts. I've been looking for many moons, but this is only the second time I've found any of the old juice in the wild, and the first time I've gotten a full one. Made my day!

Last edited:
That is an outstanding haul John, the OS Lantern was the first thing I spotted in the picture! I've got the race car with the box in my office at work, I can't remember the name right off the top of my head but I'll check Monday.

Thanks Tom, I'd like to know the car's name and confirm the size of the contents. I'm just eyeballing the 6oz figure, since it's missing the sticker, but my nose knows Spicy pretty well.
And I almost giggled when she pulled out her box and that OS lantern was sitting there, full to the brim. I snatched it right up before I even looked at anything else!

Top Bottom