What's new

Rise canned shaving cream

The post on Barbasol canned shaving cream reminded me that I have seen another name from the 50's-60's era that is still available. Rise shaving cream has been seen on the shelf at the local Big Lots store next to Barbasol and whatever has been recently discontinued by other manufacturers.

I never purchased Foamy as it cost more than the other brands, Noxema and Old Spice were both pretty bad, Edge was not good, Walgreens branded shaving cream is the only can I threw away after two uses, seems that I might have tried Brut branded once upon a time but can't remember how it went.

I have no memory of using Rise, is it as bad as the others and is it the same now as it was in the 70's-80's?

I haven't seen Rise in many years. I started with Rise lather back in the early-60's. I thiink that it's similar to all the other Aerosol shave lathers and inferior to building a lather with a brush and soap/cream.

-- John Gehman

I haven't seen Rise in many years. I started with Rise lather back in the early-60's. I thiink that it's similar to all the other Aerosol shave lathers and inferior to building a lather with a brush and soap/cream.

-- John Gehman

Yep. What he said.

there is a rise with baby oil that is not bad for canned stuff.

I remember this-it was called "Baby Face" and I tried it a few times and liked it better than most canned goo. In fact, other than Gillette Foamy Tropical Coconut, it was my favorite. Of course, this was in 1982 or so-long before I found out about the brush/soap options out there.

Beerman

Top Bottom