What's new

Thayer's: Alcohol or Alcohol Free?

I have been using Dickensons, and like how it feels after shave, before balm. I want to try Thayers, but not sure if I should try the Astringent or the Non-Alcohol version such as lavender, if I want the same effect as Dickensons.

Well,it sounds like you want the alcohol free and it is great but the astringent is a must have for me.So I recommend you get both,they are pretty inexpensive.

Paul

I'll use the lavender from time to time, because I really like the scent. I find that the Non-Alcoholic Thayers leaves a bit of tackiness on my face. This is not present with the versions that contain alcohol, like the original or the superhazel (which is fantastic).

Have Dickinson and Thayers lavender.Thayers is more soothing and of course smells better.They go on sale on Amazon so the price point isnt that big of a issue the Thayers is worth the extra cost anyway.The rose is also nice

They're inexpensive, so you can try a few of them without breaking the bank. I love the lemon in the summer time (which has approx. 10% alcohol, I think), and the lavender now (non-alcohol).

Last edited:
The Dickinson's has alcohol, so you may want the same with Thayer's. I have used both the Dickinson's and Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera and preferred the Thayers.

Next I am going to try the Thayers Witch Hazel After Shave, which has more alcohol, but I like A/S with alcohol.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Does not make a lot of difference because it is only 10% alcohol. I use the alcohol free toner because I follow up with an alcohol A/S splash. It's an intermediate step for me between rinse and A/S.

If you want to use it as the finish to your shave, I'd get it with the alcohol, it's very mild.

Top Bottom