What's new

IMPD Officer David Moore

Indy Metro Police Dept Officer David Moore was shot four times on Sunday, January 23, during a traffic stop. Officer Moore survived his injuries, but it was announced today that he will not be able to recover. :frown1:

http://www.wthr.com/story/13906272/impd-officer-condition-update

Article said:
Chief Ciesielski told reporters that an MRI conducted on Moore's brain and spine showed "considerable" damage.

"The Moore family has begun the process of giving David back to God," said the chief.

His father is retired from the IMPD and his mother is still on the force. His family has decided to start the process of donating his organs. Officer Moore is only 29 years old and was set to have a great career protecting and serving the city.

Article said:
Moore was Rookie Officer of the Year in 2005. Four years later he received the Medal of Valor for the courage shown in a life-threatening confrontation. In November 2008, Moore shot and killed a man who aimed a gun at him and fellow officers.

:angel:

With my dad being a retired deputy sheriff for Bell County, Texas, and my best friend a patrol officer for City of Taylor, Texas, these stories hit home for me. The men in blue put in on the line everyday for their whole careers. Hopefully the family will come to peace and understanding that David died helping keep the streets of America save for us and our families.

Thanks for your service, David.

DL

It's been a bad week for law enforcement officers. In a 24 hour period no less than ELEVEN LEO's have been shot in the line of duty.

Here last week a 10-year veteran of the local PD died and another officer injured when their vehicle crashed head-on into an oncoming car while the two were returning from some sort of prisoner transport. Cause of crash still under investigation. It happened around 3pm so given they were in the last hours of a 12 hour shift it's possible the deceased (who was driving) fell asleep at the wheel.

Word is that Officer Moore passed away about 6:15 this morning. Senseless. I hope that his family is able to find peace.

My wife is an officer here and I was back in when we lived in CA. She laid a partner to rest last year and it was horrible.

In November one of my best friends from my old agency was killed execution style at the park we grew up playing at. I've also been to many funeral services of fallen officers.

One passage I hold dear is:

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion."
—Proverbs 28:1

I pray their family finds comfort.

Last edited:
Horrible and senseless. A truly awful week for those in law enforcement and for those they serve. I certainly hope that these incidents do not comprise a trend.

Thank you for your courage and service Officer Moore. Rest easy brother...we'll take it from here.

Thoughts and prayers out to the family of Officer Moore.

I have a friend who works for IMPD. I wonder if they'd ever met?

---------------------
The policeman stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
just as brightly as his brass.

"Step forward now, policeman.
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To my church have you been true?"

The policeman squared his shoulders and said,
"No lord, I guess I ain't,
because those of us who carry a badge
can't always be a saint."

I've had to work most Sundays,
and at times my talk was rough,
and sometimes I've been violent,
because the streets are awfully tough.

But I never took a penny,
that wasn't mine to keep
though I worked a lot of overtime
when the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
though at time I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place
among the people here.
They never wanted me around
except to calm their fear.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne
where the saints had often trod.
As the policeman waited quietly,
for the judgment of his god.

"Step forward now, policeman,
you’ve borne your burdens well.
Come walk a beat on Heaven's streets,
you’ve done your time in hell"

-Anonymous
-----------------------------

I feel for him, I did 10 years in law enforcement and my heart goes out to them and their families. My best friend who is a cop in central NJ was friends with the officer who was just killed in Lakewood NJ.

Top Bottom