What's new

Mitchell Wallet

I've had one in black dublin leather for a while and love it. Have you seen their limited edition wallets in sharkskin? They look amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had one in black dublin leather for a while and love it. Have you seen their limited edition wallets in sharkskin? They look amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been eyeing the Mitchell Money Clip Wallet for years and may have to pull the trigger on the limited edition sharkskin in black. Wow it rocks! Does sharkskin have any softness to it? Just curious as I don't want a super stiff wallet.

I just ordered my second Mitchell Money Clip Wallet in the Limited Edition Black Olive Bison Big Grain! Was looking at the Limited Edition Sharkskin in green as well, but the Sharkskin is almost $100 more . . . . . I still might change my order to the Sharkskin, I will call Dave at Mitchell on Monday to chat about the "pros & cons" of the sharkskin vs the big grain bison. I live in the Milwaukee area where Mitchell is located . . . . might even drive there on Monday to look at both of the materials! Stay tuned!:thumbup1:

Per Dave Mitchell, re: shark skin...

"Shark is extremely durable with very high tensil strength, yet it's rather supple considering it's toughness. The skin is shrunken to enhance the texture and has a unique and wonderful feel."

Shark skin appears to have a softness to it, which I am down with.

How thick is the wallet loaded with 5 cards and about half dozen bills? That's normally what I carry. Also, is the money clip easy to use? I've never had a money clip wallet.

Per Dave Mitchell, re: shark skin...

"Shark is extremely durable with very high tensil strength, yet it's rather supple considering it's toughness. The skin is shrunken to enhance the texture and has a unique and wonderful feel."

Shark skin appears to have a softness to it, which I am down with.

How thick is the wallet loaded with 5 cards and about half dozen bills? That's normally what I carry. Also, is the money clip easy to use? I've never had a money clip wallet.

Adam, I have a Mitchell Dublin Chestnut Wallet Clip, loaded with 9 cards and 5 bills, and I just measured it and it comes out to be exactly 1/2 inch from outer edge to outer edge. It is much thinner and smaller than my "regular" Orvis leather wallet. I am going to visit the factory on Monday to look at the sharkskin and big grain bison leather materials and will report as to my findings here on Monday evening.

And Oh yes, Adam, the money clip is very easy to use . . . . . . I don't carry my regular wallet or anything else to transport my cards and bills!

Thanks buddy! Looking forward to reading your findings...

I've used many card wallets, Superior Titanium mini-Viper money clip and the latest...

http://bosca.com/weekend-wallet-4433.html

It is nice and slim with 4-5 cards and a small amount of cash. I especially like the single gusset currency opening. Not crazy about having part of the cards exposed though. I'm still on the hunt. The Mitchell Money Clip Wallet could be it...

Adam, I previously used the Z Clip, Le Man's Model, carbon fiber clip. I still have it, but I don't use it anymore as my Mitchell Money Clip is much more "functional"!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
The Mitchell wallet is available without any logo.

You continue to be a terrible enabling person. No logo eh . . . and it seem that they are made 3" high so should fit the Canadian money, albeit snugly (1/8" top and bottom)

Adam, I previously used the Z Clip, Le Man's Model, carbon fiber clip. I still have it, but I don't use it anymore as my Mitchell Money Clip is much more "functional"!

I recently tried the Z-clip Sebring and sent it back right away. I knew immediately it was not for me.

The Z-Clip Le Man's is wider . . . . . I used it for about a year, and it was okay. The insert for the cards wasn't that great.

I felt that the Z-Clip Sebring was too cumbersome to use. The Mitchell Money Clip Wallet is about 1/4" higher and 1/8" wider than most card wallets I've used, so size wise, it's not much bigger :thumbup:

Well guys, I visited the Mitchell Leather Co. Factory/Retail Store today. Dave Mitchell greeted me and gave me the "deluxe" tour of the entire factory and store. He explained all the machines in the factory and their functions. I was like a kid in a "candy store" and spent over $350 there today (which BTW, is my birthday). Regarding the Money Clip Wallet, I was torn between the Cordovan @ $199 and the Black Sharkskin @ $179. BTW, I already have one in the Dublin Chestnut, so this would be my second one. Final decision, I went with the Black Sharkskin! Beautiful piece! I will probably give my Dublin Chestnut one to my son. I did also buy a Key Ring Tag in Cordovan and a Black Cherry Premium Leather Large Valet Tray! Very interesting afternoon!:thumbup:

Well guys, I visited the Mitchell Leather Co. Factory/Retail Store today. Dave Mitchell greeted me and gave me the "deluxe" tour of the entire factory and store. He explained all the machines in the factory and their functions. I was like a kid in a "candy store" and spent over $350 there today (which BTW, is my birthday). Regarding the Money Clip Wallet, I was torn between the Cordovan @ $199 and the Black Sharkskin @ $179. BTW, I already have one in the Dublin Chestnut, so this would be my second one. Final decision, I went with the Black Sharkskin! Beautiful piece! I will probably give my Dublin Chestnut one to my son. I did also buy a Key Ring Tag in Cordovan and a Black Cherry Premium Leather Large Valet Tray! Very interesting afternoon!:thumbup:

Ed, thanks for enabling me! :) I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the black sharkskin money clip wallet. How would you describe the look and feel of the black sharkskin?

Ed, thanks for enabling me! :) I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the black sharkskin money clip wallet. How would you describe the look and feel of the black sharkskin?

A little thinner than the regular leathers, very matte/least glossy, textured surface, wavy peaks and valleys, definitely not Smooth! Looks just like I would imagine that Sharkskin would look like!:thumbup1:

A little thinner than the regular leathers, very matte/least glossy, textured surface, wavy peaks and valleys, definitely not Smooth! Looks just like I would imagine that Sharkskin would look like!:thumbup1:

Thanks for your description! I just got an email that my cognac sharkskin wallet shipped today so I'm pretty excited.

Waiting impatiently...

Thanks for your description! I just got an email that my cognac sharkskin wallet shipped today so I'm pretty excited.

Waiting impatiently...

The cognac is a really nice color. Sold out so it must of been a popular one. So, about a week to build plus shipping?

Top Bottom