What's new

Master Bath Renovation

A little back story...
I purchased a house 2 years ago knowing it was somewhat of a "project" Lots of things needed to be done, most importantly were a garage conversion into a Master bedroom, the kitchen needed to be completely redone, and the current master Bath needed to be completely renovated. Well, I have taken care of a lot of loose ends and renovated the kitchen. With a tax check on the way, I have decided it is time to tackle the master bath. I was pricing things out today and came across the most amazing item ever! It will save me a few thousand dollars and a lot of headache to install one of these systems instead of a complete renovation. bla bla bal
I was wondering if anyone has one of these or has used one before and has any criticism/praise for it

Ariel Platinum Steam Shower

As someone who recently redid our master bath the old-fashioned way (traditional bath and shower, fixtures, made by American companies and fit to code), and based on the Ebay article, I can't see the logic of spending thousands of dollars on unproven technology that doesn't meet U.S, code standards, appears to be constructed cheaply, offers little or no customer support, and could be impossible to repair.

It certainly will add no value to your home if you try to re-sell, since purchasers are not going to want to get stuck with something that, once it inevitably fails, will require thousands of dollars to remove and replace.

Just my .02

But it looks so cool! :w00t: :lol:

Yea, I did some more research and measured the bathroom last night and It is too tall anyways (we have a slanting ceiling in the MB) Looks like I will be doing it the correct way. Who am I kidding, I am looking forward to doing this, it was the cost savings that really got my attention...and it looks so cool! :w00t: :lol:

Where did you get your bath/shower material from? I am still trying to decide if I want to go shower/tub combo and add glass doors or tub/tile and glass front.

Top Bottom