What's new

Informal Supplement Test

I consider most dietary supplements to be about 90% snake oil so I thought I'd pass along a good experience.

A couple years back my knee pain got so bad I could only ride in the car for maybe 15 min unless I took some ibuprofen before we left. Mornings were brutal and I was considering giving up weight training. I did a bunch of research and started religiously taking AnimalPak-Flex and Fish Oil amounting to 6g/6000mg of EPA/DHA daily. Fast forward 18 mos and I'm virtually pain free. Great!

So, not being satisfied that it just worked, at the first of they year I stopped taking both wanting to know if the improvement was actually due to one of these supplements. After about two weeks my knee pain started to return. Last week I started taking the Flex again but no Fish Oil. After a week I'm starting to feel the pain subside a little. Maybe this stuff works? As with all supplements YMMV and I'm no doctor but for me this stuff seems to be working. Granted Flex is primarily Glucosamine and MSM but my previous uses of these separately proved ineffective. If you are suffering from joint pain you may want to give this stuff a shot for a few months. I'll post a follow up in a few weeks.

Glucosamine has been proven to be effective in combating joint pain because it acts both as an anti-inflammatory and a synthetic lubrication for joints. Osteo Bi-Flex is another one that is very good.

Top Bottom