What's new

Just Scored Some Vintage Williams

Hey Guy's, I just recieved a brand new still wrapped up in the box vintage puck of Williams. I believe it is of 1975 vintage. There was a Bicentennial advertisement on the box and inner wrapper. After I rinsed off the dry outer thin layer the soap became very slick and lathered very easily in my hands, and it still had a light clean soapy scent to it. I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning with my EJ DE89L, and my Pure Badger. Right now it is resting in my Old Spice mug in anticipation of tomorrow morning.

Clayton

It's good stuff. There are a couple of vintage soaps that I like, Williams and Old Spice. Unfortunately, with dwindling supplies, you have to be lucky to find them at an affordable price. Enjoy yours!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Hey Guy's, I just recieved a brand new still wrapped up in the box vintage puck of Williams. I believe it is of 1975 vintage. There was a Bicentennial advertisement on the box and inner wrapper. After I rinsed off the dry outer thin layer the soap became very slick and lathered very easily in my hands, and it still had a light clean soapy scent to it. I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning with my EJ DE89L, and my Pure Badger. Right now it is resting in my Old Spice mug in anticipation of tomorrow morning.

Clayton

good job. I shaved with the modern formula today. I soaked the hell out of it, but once I did that I got a good lather, and I love the smell.

Vintage Williams is awesome. You don't have to soak it or whip the heck out of it with your brush. I mean I can make lather with the new formulation but it's not going to be thick, and cream like. I also found out that the vintage soap can handle a lot of water and still give a good slick cushion between the skin and the blade. I've bowl lathered the past two days and the William's has left my skin feeling moisturized, and not tight. I really didn't need to apply an aftershave balm after I shaved. There really is no comparison between the old, and the new reformulated William's. It's really a shame that they changed it. I believe that had they not done that they would still have a very profitable product. And maybe a few more guys would still be using a mug, and brush.

Clayton

You'd think once they reformulated that sales would've dropped and they would have realized. I guess it's not the case. :thumbdown

You'd think once they reformulated that sales would've dropped and they would have realized. I guess it's not the case. :thumbdown

I think sale's did drop off and they expected them to. I think eventually they planned on stopping production altogether. As the younger generations were basically moving on to using the brushless shaving gels and creams. It's a shame that the reformulation had to do with keeping it cost effective to produce. Also wonder if they did it thinking that we'd stop buying it if it didn't produce lather like the vintage William's.

Clayton

It's so weird to hear people praising a soap that says William's on it. I'm sure it's well deserved, though I wish they still make it the way they apparently used to.

I think sale's did drop off and they expected them to. I think eventually they planned on stopping production altogether. As the younger generations were basically moving on to using the brushless shaving gels and creams. It's a shame that the reformulation had to do with keeping it cost effective to produce. Also wonder if they did it thinking that we'd stop buying it if it didn't produce lather like the vintage William's.

Clayton

I am sure the sale department is well aware that the product has a dying customer base. I

n the grand scope of things, we are a very small number of customers. This product depends on the sales of older gentlemen who keep buying it because there are no other locally available choices, or they don't know there are other choices available.

They probably consider the shaves they get with it to be better than canned goo, or they simply like traditional methods, and keep buying.

These gentlemen get older every year (and quite a few of them die off), since they are not actively marketing the product to newer generations, we can fully expect the product to one day be discontinued.

Vintage Williams is awesome. There really is no comparison between the old, and the new reformulated William's. It's really a shame that they changed it. I believe that had they not done that they would still have a very profitable product. And maybe a few more guys would still be using a mug, and brush

I knew you would find it to be an awesome product. Vintage Williams is pure greatness!! It's a total shame that so many good products are ruined to save a few pennies.

Top Bottom