What's new

I thought it was a myth...

Razorless Shave Cream...like Nair for men!
I am not sure what was more frightning, the fact that I was in Wal-Mart or that I actually thought about spending $2.72 to see if this stuff worked! :lol:

I was honestly about to get it until I read the back. You had to leave it on for 10 min and then remove with hot water if it did not all come off you were to use hard plastic and "scrape it off." And if there was any hair left on your face (or if you still had a face) you could not use it again for another 24 hours!

As someone with thinning scalp hair the thought of having any product in the house which when just rubbed on or dusted on would result in hair loss is terrifying. The stuff of nightmares!!!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
It's not shaving cream, it's a depilatory. I feel bad for some of my friends who have to use them.

... maybe 200 years from now there will be a forum lauding the benefits of the "outdated" and "old fashioned" ways of razorless shaving, and deploring the gillete 5 laser beard gun!

....my SS will still be SOMEWHERE in 200 years I'm sure of it

I have shave bumps......well I used to. I used magic shave once. Never again though. Kind of burns.....and if you miss some hairs you have to wait 24 hours before doing another application. So you'll be walking around the office looking like a dalmatian. Nope I'm good. If guys just realized that shaving at least every other day with a single blade razor and using lots of AS balm or moisturizer can make razor bumps a thing of the past.

I was honestly about to get it until I read the back. You had to leave it on for 10 min and then remove with hot water if it did not all come off you were to use hard plastic and "scrape it off." And if there was any hair left on your face (or if you still had a face) you could not use it again for another 24 hours!

:blink:

None for me please. :thumbdown

Magic Shave used to be incredibly popular with African-American Men, but I don't think it is so much anymore (at least up this way, around Baltimore - DC). There are probably guys on this forum that can explain this far better than myself, but I'll give it a shot.

When I was younger I remember a lot of the older dudes I knew talking about using magic shave because their super-curly hair gives them razor-bumps like crazy, and also because a lot of African-Americans get really bad hypertrophic scars or even keloid scars, so what would be a normal nick to you or me might turn into a nightmare for them.

These days most of the African American men that I know (and again, this is just my experience) use clippers and either clip their whiskers as low as they can, or grow a light beard and keep it that way. I have a few buddies that are clean shaven, I think I'll go ask them if they wet-shave or maybe use an electric?

In fact, I remember hearing a few years ago about a lawsuit where a guy got fired from Dominos because of his refusal to shave, and he took them to court (and won) which forced Domino's to recognize that some people just can't shave for a variety of reasons.

Sorry about the long-winded post!

-Tom

For $2.72, I wonder if it's worth the try for "South of the Border"?

Hope it doesn't result in saying "Doctor, it burns when I pee!"

Disregard my previous post then. :blink:

Top Bottom