What's new

One of My Other Hobbies

I like to do woodcarving of wildlife in the round. This is a cougar that I carved.....

proxy.php

proxy.php

When I have time (which I don't seem to have enough of these days), this is one of the things I like to do.

I am extremely impressed.

I attempted wood carving about 20 years ago..worked on a Sparrow and a Junkers JU34 (Plane).

I used my Dremel and Makita belt sander and Porter Cable hand sander.

I did not come anywhere close to your craftsmanship.

How do you do it ? What equipment do you use ?

Les

Very Nice work! My Dad was a woodcarver and enjoyed carving birds.

Do you use a woodburner for detail?

Thank you gents. It is hand carved using knives and chisels. Jim I did use a woodburner for some of the details. The wood is Bass and I painted using oil paints (I do oil painting as well) and then once dry I used varathane Spray varnish in a matte tone.

Here is one of my woodburnings:

proxy.php

I used to teach pyrography and carving at Lee Valley in Calgary.... I didn't teach the cougar....

Thank you for your kind words...

Thank you gentlemen.... I find carving to be really relaxing and lets me clear my brain for a while.... :lol:

that is really nice I'm more a Jack Of All Trades and Master Of None so I envy anyone who can produce craftmanship like that:thumbup1:

Wow, you obviously have a lot of talent and have spent a lot of time honing your skills. Very impressive!

I have sold and I've done commission work with the pyrography. I don't have any pieces for sale right now. And thank you Buster!

Don't have the patience ( or skills more importantly ) to do anything remotely like that . :blushing:

Sweet work !!!! :thumbup:

Top Bottom