What's new

Good Source for EO / FO?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
All right you experts of the odiferous, I'm looking for a good source of Essential Oils, Fragrance Oils or Perfume Oils.
Someplace reliable with a decent inventory so I don't have to go to several different sources to get what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions fellas?

Where do you buy your products?

Good question, Phil. I'm not an EO (expert of the odiferous) or an EO (essential oil), but it will be nice to see in one thread where those who do know, find them.

All right you experts of the odiferous, I'm looking for a good source of Essential Oils, Fragrance Oils or Perfume Oils.
Someplace reliable with a decent inventory so I don't have to go to several different sources to get what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions fellas?

Where do you buy your products?

Good question, Phil. I'm not an EO (expert of the odiferous) or an EO (essential oil), but it will be nice to see in one thread where those who do know, find them.

Some suggestions:

White Lotus Aromatics
Eden Botanicals
Liberty Natural
Nature's Gift
Enfleurage
Perfumers Apprentice

That ought to be enough to get you started. :w00t: Have fun!

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

Great. Another soapmaker. :lol:

:lol:

Actually I'm going to give making my own After Shave a shot.

I'm working on a formula right now. It's actually very hard to get the EO/FO to blend with alcohol at a reasonable alcohol percentage (40-60%). There's a secret that someone's not telling us, I'm sure.

You might want to stop in a Whole Foods and see what they have. Most of them have a fairly large selection of oils. The advantage is that you can actually smell them on premises, and go home with the ones you want. All I did was buy a lime EO to add to a bottle of Old Spice, but it seemed to me like they had everything I could think of. If you're not buying for large-scale production it could be a good option.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
You might want to stop in a Whole Foods and see what they have. Most of them have a fairly large selection of oils. The advantage is that you can actually smell them on premises, and go home with the ones you want. All I did was buy a lime EO to add to a bottle of Old Spice, but it seemed to me like they had everything I could think of. If you're not buying for large-scale production it could be a good option.

I had not thought of that at all.
Thanks for the tip!
There's a whole foods very close to me where I have purchased crystal sticks and bentonite clay.
I'll drop in and see what they have.

I had not thought of that at all.
Thanks for the tip!
There's a whole foods very close to me where I have purchased crystal sticks and bentonite clay.
I'll drop in and see what they have.

My wife just said that she's bought EO at the one in Old Town, so they probably have it everywhere.

Even have it in the Whole Foods in Omaha! Just got back from getting some cheeses. Last week got some of the amber/sandalwood Kuumba that Poonjaji had mentioned. This week I sniffed many of the EOs but did not purchase any - yet!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Stopped by Whole Foods and was able to pick up two of the three I was looking for (Sandalwood and Frankincense/Myrrh).
I'll go ahead and order the last one online.
The gal at Whole Foods says she has never seen Lilac at the store.

Thanks again for the great tip.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Thanks fellas.
I have a line on a Lilac FO, from a......

Soap Making Supply Shop :lol:

Top Bottom