What's new

What's your pocket knife? What ya suggest to go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my old SOG Flash II for 5+ years, It's a fantastic knife, clips easily into my pocket and is functional immediately after drawing. But it was out of work the other day. Now I have to move on to a new one. I've just looked into this Edit. Is it nice one to go with? Will I be disappointed? Any other options?
I'm sure there are plenty of other pocket knife peeps out there, what do you carry and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you like the disposable blade in your razor then why not in your pocket knife.

super knives have the best mechanism that i have seen so far

http://www.superknives.com/products/sk2.htm

proxy.php

Legion

Staff member
I like Case too.

Do you use it for things that need one handed opening or a lock back? Most of us don't. I find that 99% of what I use my knife for is cutting string, opening mail, cutting fruit, etc. An old fashioned pocket knife with a nail notch does all that well and is not so bulky in the pocket. It also will not worry non-knife people or police if they see it.

I have two Kershaws and I am very pleased with both of them. I carry a Clash on me at work and a Scallion for home. I find the Speedsafe assisted opening to be very convenient, especially at work where I don't always have an extra hand.

Last edited:
I've had my old SOG Flash II for 5+ years, It's a fantastic knife, clips easily into my pocket and is functional immediately after drawing. But it was out of work the other day. Now I have to move on to a new one. I've just looked into this Pocket Knife. Is it nice one to go with? Will I be disappointed? Any other options?
I'm sure there are plenty of other pocket knife peeps out there, what do you carry and why?

I picked up that exact knife at a recent gunshow. It is a really good knife. A lot of knife in a small package. It carries very well, the assisted action is smooth and very fast, easy. The lock seems very strong. If all you need is a single blade, you could do a lot worse. Weekdays I carry a Victorinox Night Writer (not sure of exact name) but weekends or in the country the new one sits in my pocket. Really all the folder you usually need. If you need more you probably could use a sheath knife!

I use this:
Leatherman Crater

Handle is perfect size, not to big or too small. The blade holds and edge, i sharpen this myself and the edge lasts months unless i'm doing hard work with it. The bottle opener has come in more useful than i thought it would. Even with the glass filled nylon handle the balance is great.

I went with the non-serrated version. The "Blade Launcher" version might not be available where you live depending on your state laws.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I really like the old school vintage pocket knives. I presently carry a 1970's era Puma Senior 2 blade folder. I'd like to find an obscure Sheffield one to alternate from time to time. Big vintage custom antique knife show coming to town this weekend so perhaps I will get my chance to snag something nice.

I carry this in a sheath sometimes
proxy.php

Sometimes I carry this
proxy.php

Usually I carry this. The only difference is mine was made in Germany & bought from a company in England
proxy.php

I used to carry a Swiss Army Recruit, but now I fly enough for business that I've found I can carry a Cut-Zit keychain and the TSA has never once said a word about it. I keep it on my key-ring and it goes through x-ray either in my coat pocket or inside my carry-on (if I'm not wearing a coat or sport coat, which is rare when I travel).

Here's another vote for the Kershaw Scallion. I've got one and it's a great little knife. I also bought my dad one for his birthday. It's also made in USA which matters to some people, like me for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom